NIMITZ CONFERENCE ROOM - Occupied (Frank/Scott)

Rooms for Players to Discuss Tactics

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: NIMITZ CONFERENCE ROOM - Occupied (Frank/Scott)

Postby Frank » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Any thoughts on your set up and move, or should I just put mine up and see how tht goes?
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm still a little confused, so feel free.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:41 am

josta59 wrote:I'm still a little confused, so feel free.

If you are only a "little" confused then you are doing better than me :lol: , I have popped in for a quick look round so I will get my placement posted up later today.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:47 am

It is starting to look as if our original idea to take out Ichiro could cause problems, so what I was thinking was to circle his position and move uptable keeping to the left flank.
Gandalf the Grey

josta59

Postby josta59 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:57 am

Ok, do you want me to cross to the left at all? Or just go after the emplacement in front of me?
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:06 pm

I think it is probably best if you go straight for the one ahead of you, I will try to swing round Ichiro`s position and dog leg to the right next move, hopefully avoiding any patrols from the emplacement to my left.
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:04 am

So, where now do you think.

Do we split up and take an objective each? Or do we stick together and hit an objective at the same time? It is probably going to be another 4/5turns before we are in position to do anything, IF, Em`s ninja`s have not found us before then.

Any thoughts on where the hidden forces are? Are they more likely to be in or near the emplacements or wandering round the jungle.

We get re-inforcements on turn 10,will they will have to go through the raft hiding phase as well, or seeing as the enemy will almost certainly know about us by then will they be able to come straight on? Could be something to check with Em
Gandalf the Grey

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:28 am

I didn't even know there were hidden forces. Don't know if we can do anything about that at all.

It seems to me that if we stay together, we can't lose.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:38 am

I assume that there are hidden forces, as Em says in his first post in the Nightwind thread that there are "Japanese all over the place, you just can`t see them".

I think I agree about staying close to each other.
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Scott.

Are you ok to use this thread as an allied planning thread for the Normandy game still?
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “War Leaders Conference Rooms”