Lucky Luke`s 2016 Reading Challenge Log

Annual Reading Challenge

Moderator: Frank

Lucky Luke

Lucky Luke`s 2016 Reading Challenge Log

Postby Lucky Luke » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Well, I'll try to read some more books using the lazy option of reading from a Kindle e-book reader...

I will drop the tablet as a filler device as it has the nasty tendency to "suck" too much of my time allowance. And the kindle is a faithful friend who keep the bookmarks neat and ready...

I don't have any idea of the number of books I could read through the 2016...I guess I'll could read again some books I like the most.

The first book of 2016 is "Oath of swords" by David Weber.
I like the style of this writer, I start with his Bolo's books (about HUGE cyber tanks with advanced AI and almost a self-awareness ) but this is the first of a sword and sorcery storyline about the adventures of a stubborn warrior who became a champion for the Sword God. I loved following this warrior who start with a no-nonsense attitude and a indifference for the Gods but find himself in a quite different position to the end of the book.

The various races, sometimes created by mage wars, are well characterized and are not worn stereotypes.

I hope to find the following books to see how the story develops.

Oath_of_Swords_novel_cover.jpg
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lucky Luke`s 2016 Reading Challenge Log

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:49 pm

That looks like a very cool read! I have a fondness for storylines involving Mages.... Just fascinating stuff, to me. That goes beyond books, too, as I loved the storyline in Babylon 5!!!

Anyway, thanks for joining the challenge!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Lucky Luke`s 2016 Reading Challenge Log

Postby Frank » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:07 pm

I love a good swords and sorcery book myself.

Glad you are joining the challenge.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Reading Challenge”