What should our Book Reading Challenge Goal for 2016 be?

Annual Reading Challenge

Moderator: Frank

What should our Book Challenge Goal for 2016 be?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Let's no embarass ourselves and put this puppy to bed
11%
10 book read challenge
22%
15 book read challenge
11%
20 book read challenge
11%
25 book read challenge
11%
Just cover art and # required on your post updates
33%

Total votes: 9

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

What should our Book Reading Challenge Goal for 2016 be?

Postby Whiterook » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:30 pm

With two weeks left to the 2015 Book Reading Challenge, it doesn't look like the current crop of participants is going to reach that lofty goal of 50 books. But, based on the posting made, we all read a high number of books for what our time and lives allowed this past year. That's a good thing ;)

So, let's talk 2016

Please take this poll and we'll go from there, of whether to continue the challenge into the new year, and if so...how many books is realistic as a top goal to meet or exceed :D

The poll is open for 14 days
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

McCoy

Re: What should our Book Reading Challenge Goal for 2016 be?

Postby McCoy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:06 pm

I do need to ponder this a bit. What is a realistic goal for me may be unrealistic for others. But say for example 15 books is just a little bit more than one book per month or 25 books amont to say two books per month. For me 25 books is a realistic goal but then there's others that would be happy with ten books over a year as an realistic goal. In short, it's a hard nut to crack.
Reality - The worst game ever!

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:44 pm

I think I'll just try to maintain the pace I've set this year. It was good for me, but coming here to write about each book was a chore I didn't really enjoy so much. So I think I'll bow out of the challenge this time. I prefer the challenge of balls-to-the-wall wargaming! Definitely want more of that.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:35 pm

josta59 wrote:I think I'll just try to maintain the pace I've set this year. It was good for me, but coming here to write about each book was a chore I didn't really enjoy so much. So I think I'll bow out of the challenge this time. I prefer the challenge of balls-to-the-wall wargaming! Definitely want more of that.

Good point... it was for me too. How about if we make the requirement to just post the cover art and what number it's up to?
I amended the poll to reflect this and made the poll multiple choice.

I voted 15 books and just cover art/# update. 20 was considered but 15 is more realistic for me.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:05 pm

I will be taking part this year and have voted for 20 which, like McCoy I should be able to do reasonably easily if everything works out ok, but I don`t want to put any pressure on anyone, just reading a bit more than before is still a worthwhile goal.

I will be putting up a couple of lines about each book not posting up some cover art as you know what my tech skills are like :roll: .
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:41 pm

I went with 25 in the end. It has to be a challenge but as Frank points out, every extra book that anyone reads is a nice result.
Reality - The worst game ever!

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:38 pm

I want to keep a tally of many books I read...sometimes I read game rulebooks but I think they are outside the scope of this goal.

I settle for 10 books but as I try to dig into sci-fi I will try to post the cover and some words...
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Glad to see a few more new participants. Of course, I will be participating :D

I hadn't thought of this, but perhaps it is best to just make this a Reading Challenge, with a flexible goal of the range selected? We'll see if we get more votes. I want everyone to know (which I think you do) that it isn't the number of books you read, but rather the effort to read and benefit from that endeavor.

Return to “Reading Challenge”