Vallejo paints for WW2 Germans.

Share your Experience & Knowledge in Making & Painting Miniatures and Accessories

Moderators: MAGNA, Lucky Luke

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Vallejo paints for WW2 Germans.

Postby Frank » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:12 pm

I`d like some advice please lads.

I have nearly assembled my Bolt Action German Pioneers, and, while I would usually paint them with Citadel paint, I wanted to give Vallejo a go. They are supposed to be better paints, and, with Citadel coming in at £2.50 for 12m and Vallejo at £2.20 for 17m it makes sense money wise as well.

I have had a look at online colour charts but the swatch`s quite often don`t seem to match the name.

I am going to spray everything Grey (£1shop car primer :D ) and use a black wash to get the trousers but what about the Greenish/Greyish jackets? also the helmets and the Dunklegelb for the vehicles plus the Green and Brown for the camo.

So, to re-cap:
Greenish jacket colour
helmet colour.
vehicle base yellow + green and brown camo colours..

Thanks for any help. :D
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vallejo paints for WW2 Germans.

Postby Whiterook » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:54 am

Of all uniforms, I have had the hardest time with German uniforms. You wouldn't think grey-green would be so hard to get right! :D It also doesn't help there was so much variation, such as the following illustration...

image.jpeg

The best resoure I've been able to find for Vallejo paints on this subject is this....

http://www.coloradominiatures.com/infovallejopaints.aspx
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Miniatures Making & Painting Tips and Help”