The Mini's are Massing!!!

Discuss the art of building and painting your miniatures

Moderators: MAGNA, Lucky Luke

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Mini's are Massing!!!

Postby Whiterook » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:39 pm

I was recently looking for something in my workshop when I started to really take note of all the miniatures I have sitting, awaiting some love. :shock:

I then started to think back to the last time I worked on painting and or pre-assembly....and I couldn't remember how long it's been :o

....I remember the last project....Stargate SG-1 mini's. But a guesstimate....4 years ago? I could of course look through the threads here and figure it out, but what's the point. I know the answer: Too long.

So off the top of my head, the projects that most need to get some work are:

1. DUST Warfare
2. Stargate SG1
3. Battlestar Galactica
4. Diorama elements for a Stargate SG1 Eygptian-style temple battlefield
5. Conversions of Axis & Allies Miniatures to Bolt Action and Battlefront: WWII
6. Flames of War and Old Glory WWII mini's for #5
7. Diorama elements for 15mm WWII battlefields
8. Diorama elements for 28mm DUST Warfare battlefield

That's the Hot List 8-)
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Mini's are Massing!!!

Postby Frizzenspark » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Oh if we could employ our youthful selves to take care of the backlog. As a teenager, I had plenty of time, no budget, relatively few minis. I would paint the pioneer tools on Micro-armor.

I made a push to get my Bolt Action Chindits painted for a Sunday mini-tourney; they moved it to Saturday, had to cancel; I still have to flock them. I just got my Bolt Action British Paratroopers yesterday, I already have them washed and based.

I have only modest work to do on my Blackwater Gulch miniatures. I really like them... just need to finsih them.

I have Infinity and American Revolutionary War minis on the back-burner.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:39 am

I so agree with the start of your post....if retirement brings back a semblance of the *time* I enjoyed so as a youth, I will be a lucky man!!!

I planned to get some Blackwater gulch miniatures, but I have too many not completed; not played yet so, it might be awhile (if ever) for BWG.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:52 pm

I'd still go with the Blackwater Gulch minis: The Vigilance Committee and the Widowmakers are fairly evenly matched sets; I do recall that you had interest in the Mexican set, which I also enjoy.

The only trouble I see, is that you might develop an interest in laser-cut buildings... they are fun to assemble.
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Return to “Miniatures Building & Painting Discussion Area”