Tide of Iron: Counterattack at Mortain scenario

Solo-Play Wargames

Moderators: 50th, josta59

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tide of Iron: Counterattack at Mortain scenario

Postby 50th » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:21 pm

This is a solo play test of a new TOI scenario I've written. This is what the board looks like after set up:

This is the game after the fourth turn:

Division one Shermans and M-10 tank destroyers took out the Panthers on the right flank:

At the end of the sixth turn, the American Division Two got much needed reinforcements. (Division Two had been wiped out):

I have two more rounds left in this game, I will post the results tomorrow night.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tide of Iron: Counterattack at Mortain scenario

Postby 50th » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:15 pm

I finished the game last night. Here is turn 7 action. The heavily damaged Panther took out the reinforcement Sherman and the two American squad reinforcements both assaulted the German squad, one at a time, and were decimated:

Because the Americans still held the hill, they continued to call in artillery strikes, and an artillery strike took out the remaining Panther tank:

The M-10 kept the hill, despite coming under attack from a squad of infantry with two figures and a Sdkfz 151. The M-10 took out the infantry:

The Germans held the town, while the Americans held the high ground at hill 314 (317):

This was a minor American victory because they lost the town, but I'll take it! It was a hard fought victory, just like I'm sure it was for real.
Attachments
Counterattack on Mortain.pdf
Counterattack at Mortain made with my spreadsheet scenario editor.
(5.55 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “MWF Solitaire Wargames”