German Command Bunker for Kampfgruppe Luck FoW, TRDG

Discuss Logistics for PbPM Wargames

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: German Command Bunker for Kampfgruppe Luck FoW, Frizz an

Postby Frizzenspark » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:30 am

Looks like a good start, we'll have to counter the Brit moves, where would we need to move spotters to see anything? I meant to ask what type of Rocket launchers we have....

I was out of town the day before last, and yesterday the kid bought a new toy for her computer, a drawing pad... she's an arteest, so I was off the entire night..... :D

I'm typing before work... so I have to ruminate over this....
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

MeatballCB
Private
Private

Postby MeatballCB » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:33 am

TR listed the rocket and arty stats earlier, don't think he specified what they are.

Rockets
Range- 56 inchs
Movement - Half-track
Anti-tank - 2
Firepower - 6
AA MG

15 cm arty guns
Range- 80 inchs
Anti-tank -5
Firepower- 2

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:47 pm

The platoon of StuGs is a welcome addition, they are essentially mobile Pak Forties they hit hard but are fairly fragile.... we will have to give them a covered place to plink at the Brit armour.....

2012-10-22_065413.png

Any ideas so far.... I'm going to look over it.....
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".

MeatballCB
Private
Private

Postby MeatballCB » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:53 pm

Yeah, they gotta cross the bridge and are just about to already. Don't really see a good place for teh Stug's to plink from where they won't get mauled themselves. Maybe just drive them down to the T-Intersection and see if we can knock a tank or two out on the bridge and bottle them up there. If we can get observation on the bridge we can at least arty/rocket the heck out of as the try to come across.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:35 am

I thought I put something up about your arty!!

As for the observers the rocket one in the mansion still can't see anything even if he moves his 6 inchs. Your 15 cm Observer has eyes on the bridge so no prob there.

REMEMBER IF your observer moves he CAN'T spot an arty barrage for that turn specifically.

Cheers, also remember the Stormtrooper dice roll moves if a platoon passes that (an extra 4 inchs) after any shooting guys, that will help ya out.

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:59 am

So whats the plan guys, IF you move your regular 12 inch movement for your armored reserve you will be just behind the orange building before the T intersection.

Next I hoped you would have noticed by now but your 15 cm arty battery can be seen by anyone down that road, thought they are in cover....... There are no eyes in them at the moment still.

I would try and start thinking about what the British might move and fire at for next turn then perhaps go from there for your moves this turn, usually a fairly good strat when a bit stumped.

Cheers, post any last questions and your final orders here, I'd say at the latest by Sunday night Von Lucks!!

Tom

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:12 pm

It looks like we might be able to get the StuGs placed behind the Bocage to cover the Bridge.....

MeatballCB
Private
Private

Postby MeatballCB » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Works for me :) Maybe shift the arty battery a bit too so they can't be seen down the road.

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 pm

MeatballCB wrote:Works for me :) Maybe shift the arty battery a bit too so they can't be seen down the road.

You're probably right.... Direct fire on the Brits might not be worthwhile.....

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:52 pm

HMM, need to be more specific but I'll move them up by the road.

If you move the arty they have to spend a turn getting hooked up, half-tracks move next to the guns, then next turn they can hook up and move away. Then in the next turn they can unhook again, then fire on the next turn after that......

Right now IF any British unit is beyond 16 inchs, it will take a 6 to hit your arty with their cover.

They can either direct fire or spot themselves to fire an arty barrage, and you could also move the spotter as well.

Just some ideas guys.

Cheers

Tom

The pic is up for a regular 12 inch move, now to move at the double or not and what to do, if anything about the arty???

Return to “Logistics Center”