Q & A for Out of Luck, Ems FIRST EVER Flames of War game

Discuss Logistics for PbPM Wargames

Moderators: 50th, josta59

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Q & A for Out of Luck, Ems FIRST EVER Flames of War game

Postby TRDG » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:50 am

So we could have up to 4 players so any questions, basic or not so basic, post em here!!

Cheers, good luck to all and HAVE FUN!!

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Q & A for Out of Luck, Ems FIRST EVER Flames of War game

Postby TRDG » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 am

Basics

In this game we have these rules in place

No Retreat

The Germans CAN'T fail a Company morale check if they get under half their forces killed, so basically they can't lose the game this way ( NOTE their indivigual Platoons can still break and run though...). The British though do have to take a Company morale check IF they get under half strenght in their platoons.

Disorganized counter attack

Any German reserves that come in have to roll where they come in on the German front lines

Prepared positions

All units are dug in and in bullet proof cover if applicable, (Infrantry)

Basic ambush rules for the Germans

In missions with ambush the defender can hold 1 or more platoons off the table and place them at the beginning of any turn ON THEIR DEPLOYMENT AREA ONLY and ready to fire. They must be in command and if not in cover or line of sight, more than 16 inchs away from any enemy units.

I did add a little twist to this, just so you know, so be carefull.......

Cheers

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:47 am

Basics

ALL infrantry teams move up to 6 inchs per turn, 16 inchs is how far they can shoot, HMGs go to 24 inchs.

Most tanks have a base 12 inch movement in most terrain, most tanks and armour can shoot up to 32 inchs away.

IF the unit that one is shooting at is more than 16 inchs away then a 1+ is added to hit them

IF a unit is in cover another 1+ is aded in to hit them.

In this game MOVING at THE DOUBLE will be 1/2 of what it is normally. Moving at the double is 2x regular movement, BUT in the next side of the turn any enemy units except arty barrages get to shoot at the unit moving at the double x 2!!!

So moving at the double Infrantry can move MAX 9 inchs, MOST tanks and armour move at the double a total of 18 inchs.

Germans have a "Stormtrooper" move after they have fired at the end of thier turn, each platoon rolls a stormy dice roll per, if successfull they can move another 4 inchs (except if they moved at the double...) but no shooting!!

If a successfull hit is made and the team is behind bullet proof cover, dug in, in buildings or failed an armour save, a firepower check must be made to destroy them.

Cheers

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:18 am

Tom,

I know you want to get this game started but is there any chance we could have a bit more time. My pc is still fubar and I am just getting my first look at this game properly now, Friday lunch time on a borrowed laptop that I don`t know how to use properly which is using a system (windows) that I have never used before :shock: :? :(

Just about to pm Em with some thoughts.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:41 am

Will Saturday NIGHT work for you guys perhaps??

Cheers, what a time for your comp to go down, sorry to hear this Frank!!

Tom

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:10 pm

I had some leg issues.... twisted my ankle yesterday, stayed home today, computer issues played a little part in me being off the net for about 36 hours..... :(
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:09 am

Then guess this Out of luck agme is already livin' up to its name, sorry to hear that guys!!

Cheers, get better and may all of our players comp problems go away soon!!

Tom

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:00 am

My youngest scragged up her system, we'll have to order the re-boot kit $40.00 is a bit of a pop right now... competing with teenage girls over computers is a challenge in it's own.....

The ankle is much better, I needed help with getting to my mail truck - I was on the very last part of my route when I could walk no further (I twisted around lunch-time) A clerk came and carried the last few houses once she closed shop.

Skipped yesterday, I have tons of sick time saved up and there was no way I could carry mail in a timely manner, a little stiff today, but should be good to go on Monday....
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 am

Glad to hear you are feeling better, an ankle injury must be about the worst for a postie.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Logistics Center”