CIRCUS MAXIMUS Logistics

Discuss Logistics for PbPM Wargames

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Lucky Luke

Re: CIRCUS MAXIMUS Logistics

Postby Lucky Luke » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:37 am

To start a turn, all players have to send me a PM with their 'plotted speed' for the turn.

The plotted turn can be a value between zero and the Maximum speed (Team speed+Current Driver Modifier).

If, after a reasonable time (we have to decide but the deadline shouldn't be less than 5 and not more than 15 days... :?: ) a player don't send his speed, we assume the max speed will be used.

you'll find the official Race log here (it will be updated at the end of every turn):

Log.JPG
Official Log

and a data recap
Chariots.JPG
Excel recap

...you are invited to turn up a name for your Auriga...let's walk a step in Role playing zone :mrgreen:
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:32 am

Should we just PM whenever, or do we have a set turn sequence we need to follow?

My driver's name will be "Geminus Deuce".

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:28 am

Double Deuce wrote:Should we just PM whenever, or do we have a set turn sequence we need to follow?

My driver's name will be "Geminus Deuce".

The selection of speed is before the draw of thr first movement chit, at the start of the turn and every player is 'blind' on the others players' choice.

So I'll ask for the selection when a new turn is about to start!
V6!

Luca

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:39 am

Might be slightly simplistic, but I have to be, Britannicus.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:17 am

Frank wrote:Might be slightly simplistic, but I have to be, Britannicus.

I like that one! Good choice, mate.

Myself, I have no such class. I'm "Hemmoroidicles"
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Whiterook wrote:
Frank wrote:Might be slightly simplistic, but I have to be, Britannicus.

I like that one! Good choice, mate.

Myself, I have no such class. I'm "Hemmoroidicles"

No need to be a pain in the ass about it Em, I`m sure you have piles of class.

I was thinking that being a charioteer and all, I should maybe go with a name that showed my love of horses, something like Hoof Hearted, but that made me sound like I was full of hot air.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Movement
    • Before movement, any chariot with wheel damage must check for loss of wheel (Flipping chariot out of race – see Wheel Damage paragraph) for each damaged wheel, if using a turn speed of 14 or more, and also check for wheel loss in corners if turn speed is 14 or more, and or, exceeding posted corner speed (2 checks if exceeding both, so possibly 3 checks all together if starting on a straightway at 14 speed)
    • Move horses only - until movement is finalized, so the car marks original position
    • Must use all the movement points you recorded for that turn’s speed – (see “Braking”, this paragraph)
    • May add additional speed, before starting movement, by using Whip (must still have a whip) - add die roll to total Movement Points/Speed – and deduct the same from Endurance Points – if insufficient Endurance points then added speed is reduced to the number of Endurance Points left
    • Never occupy same spaces as other chariots

Movement Points allow you to do any combination of the followingForward – 1 Movement Point per space
    Lane Change – 1 to move outward 1 space – 2 to move inward (first move one space forward, then one to the side) in a corner the inside lane change one space forward,one sideways/backward – outside change one space forward, one sideways/forward – can’t change lanes if a chariot is in forward space of lane to change out of
    Braking – 1 Movement Point per Movement Point nullified (2 Endurance Points if used Defensively during other chariots turn) - must be used if blocked from moving forward, lane change, or sideslip, then use an Endurance Point for every left over Movement Point – if unable to cover forced braking (after using up all Endurance points) then Accidental Ramming
    Sideslip – 3 Movement Points per space - only allowed if a chariot is in the way in the next forward space – in a corner chariot moves beside or if it is not present such a space, backward diagonally for a lane change
    Attack – 1 Movement Point per attack – attack only once from any one space

Corners
    Exceeding Corner Speed or Cornering with Damaged Wheel : a lanes corner speed maximum, is posted on the board - if your total Speed (written+voluntary straining or enemy lash attacks) for the Turn exceeds this (any part of chariot is in the corner), then deduct one Endurance point for every Movement Point over the corners max speed – also make a roll of 3 dice and refer to the Corner Strain Chart – roll separately for outcomes for Damaged Wheel or excess Speed – none of the results use Movement Points
    • S = Sideslip – move one lane outward – if blocked then Accidental Ramming – if forced into an outer wall then chariot flips out of the race
    • SS = Double Sideslip – move 2 lanes outward and may not use Whipping for extra speed for the current round and the next round – any extra Movement Points already gained through Whipping are nullified (except those used up to the point of being Double Sideslipped) and Endurance Points used are lost – if unable to sideslip even the first lane of a double due to another chariot, then double the CDM penalty (-6) for Accidental Ramming – if able to Sideslip one lane before being blocked then normal Accidental Ramming -circle this turn # and the next, to remind of restriction
    • J = Jostled – temporarily reduce CDM by 3 for the round (write this updated CDM in the Race Log, reducing the recorded Turn Speed by 3 also) – for this and also for any rounds the CDM is negative, may not use Whipping for extra speed or exceed corner speed limit (for instance can’t change to an inner slower corner lane if over the limit) – so any Movement Points bought by Whipping for this turn are lost (except those used up to the point of being jostled) along with the Endurance to buy it – circle this turn # and the next, to remind of restriction – repeated Jostling could be overlapping in CDM reductions etc.
    • LH or RH = Left or Right horse is injured – roll 2 die against Horse Injury table
    • FP = Flipped Chariot – removed from race
    Combat
    • Only time a player, other then the active player can move, is by reacting to or avoiding attacks – track Movement Points used to deduct from next turn
    • Can only make one attack from any one space
    • A combat result may force defender into another chariot and committing an Accidental Ram attack
    • Position of car determines whether the attack is on an opponents driver or horses
    • Announce whether a Ram Attack or a Lash Attack

Defensive moves
Defender has 3 responses to an attack
o Hold – do nothing and receive attack
o Brake – expend 2 Endurance points per space to move backward
o Lane Change – track Movement Points to take off next turn’s speed – normal corner hazards
• For Braking or Changing lane to successfully avoid attack, both players roll 2 die and add CDM – if defenders total is equal to or greater than attacker’s total, then attack is avoided

Ram attack
Ram Attack Against Horses
o Attacker rolls 2 die against the Horse Injury table – add 3 to dice roll for a Heavy attacker chariot – subtract 3 for a light chariot
o Injury points are taken off the horse closest to the attacker – excess points beyond death are disregarded – each point reduces team speed by 1
o When last damage box is checked off then horse falls to track dead – chariot is immobile and can’t attack – any movement results from being attacked are ignored, Endurance and wounds still apply except on the dead horse it self – a team loses ¼ of remaining endurance points rounded downwards
o A dead horse can be cut loose by at the beginning of a turn by rolling a die for each remaining horse and subtracting CDM and subtracting this total from the recorded Turn Speed – chariot can now use the remaining Movement Points – result may be a negative number and so no movement this round

Ram Attack Against Cars
o Attacker resolves 3 dice, plus CDM, minus defender’s CDM, against the “Damage to Cars Table”
o Each damaged car rolls 2 dice against the “Wheel Damage Effect Chart” – Adjust dice roll if attacker car is heavy (+3) or light (-3) – check off the damage points from the wheel closest to attacker
o When last box is marked off then wheel flies off and chariot flips out of race
o If a wheel gains 2 or more damage in a Ram attack then do a wheel loss check
o Wheel loss check is by rolling 2 dice and if total is equal to current total damage on wheel then one more point is suffered – if total is less than current total wheel damage then wheel flies off and chariot flips out of race

Lash Attack
Lash Attack Against Horses
o Both players roll a die and add CDM – defender loses 1 or 2 Endurance points depending on whether die roll and CDM was 1 or 2 less than the attackers
o If the attackers total is 3 or more than the defenders total, then roll a die and add the value to the defenders next Max Turn Speed, and the same value is deducted from the Endurance Points
o Even if the attackers total wasn’t 3 or more than the defenders, defender may elect to have attacker roll die for the extra speed and Endurance loss

Lash Attack Against Driver
o Both players roll 2 dice and add CDM – attackers total is deducted from defenders – result is the Lash Factor on the “Driver Lash Attack Table” – roll 2 die to get results from the table
• - (dash) = no effect
• B = Brake – No movement points used but the chariot is moved back one square and loses 2 Endurance points – if unable to break then suffer a W result instead
• S = Swerve – move chariot to the space next to it (away from attacker) – if forced into a wall then flip and out of race
• M = Movement Loss – Defender rolls a die and reduces maximum speed on next turn by that amount
• W = Wound – Driver loses one box from Driver Hits and also suffers an M result – when half or more of the Drivers Hit points are lost then the permanent Driver Modifier is reduced by one for the game - another DM point is lost after 2/3 or more Driver Hit points are lost – if last box is crossed off then driver dies and chariot flips out of race
• G = Whip Grabbed – Attacker loses whip and can no longer make Lash Attacks or Whipping for speed – check off the “Whip Lost” box – if the defender didn’t have a Whip, they do know

Accidental Ramming
• Forced movement from chart results, may force one chariot into another
• The defender against the accidental ramming may take the standard defensive moves to avoid attack – the attacking chariot does not move into the vacated space even though it was forced to move there to initiate the attack (like a regular Ram Attack)
• If the ramming chariot’s horses hit the defensive chariots car, then the chariot doing the ramming receives the attack – go to “Ram attack against Horses” to handle the attack
• Any other situation is handled as a normal Ram attack only any place that uses the attacker’s CDM has a temporary –3 adjustment until the attack is resolved
• Attacking Chariot’s maximum speed is reduced by 1 during the next turn

Endurance
When Endurance is reduced to 0
o chariot can’t use horse whipping for speed
o if corner speed is exceeded then flip and crash out of game
o no braking for the rest of race for defensive or if blocked (leads to Accidental Ramming)
o Current Team Speed is reduced by 1 every turn (cumulative, so 3 turns means 3 less)
o The Driver Modifier (maximum) is reduced by 1 for the rest of game – if DM is negative then see Jostled in the “Corners” paragraph
• Reducing Endurance to –3 has no effect - suffering a Lash Attack doesn’t give additional penalty to Endurance or additional speed
V6!

Luca

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:33 am

I add the game charts also...

- charts.JPG
V6!

Luca

Return to “Logistics Center”