Dogs of War (TRDG vs josta59) logistics

Discuss Logistics for PbPM Wargames

Moderators: 50th, josta59

josta59

Dogs of War (TRDG vs josta59) logistics

Postby josta59 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Tom, here are the Dogs of War rules. Don't be daunted by the 9 pages; you only need the first 2 1/2. The rest just explains what's on the cards.

DOGS OF WAR.pdf
Dogs of War rules
(492.17 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Speaking of the cards (this is basically a card game), the reason we are now able to play without a moderator is that my wife came up with the brilliant idea of coding the cards so that I don't know what I'm actually dealing to you. There are 141 cards, and I've made a new card deck with the names of the 141 titles of the '70s sitcom Maude. In my next post I'll include a decoder. When I deal cards to you with episode titles, you'll look up the titles on your decoder to find out what's actually in your hand. Make sense?

Since I'll be using the same deck, I'll have to use the same decoder. You'll have to trust me not to look up your cards. This is just to make your hand not plainly obvious to me.

Note that we probably won't play the full game, which wouldn't end until the cards are used up. That could take years. We'll set a monetary goal, probably half a million, and then decide whether we want to keep playing.

I want to make this fun and bring us into an alternate world, so if you want to, you can come up with a name for your military contractor company, of which you'll be president/CEO/whatever. Feel free to come up with as many details as you want, such as your headquarters, a little history, anything. I'll make a game thread soon where you can post all the imaginary info you want. When I deal your cards, you'll find out what mercs are on your payroll. You'll be hiring freelance mercs, as well.

More to come! Let me know if you have any questions at any time.

Note: More than 2 players can play this. If anyone else is interested, feel free to jump in any time. I'll gladly deal you in.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Re: Dogs of War (TRDG vs josta59) logistics

Postby josta59 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Ok, here's the decoder for our game. This took some time!

Dogs of War decoder A.xlsx
Card decoder
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

When I deal your cards, you can look them up in column A (they're in alphabetical order) to find out what cards you have. You'll want to paste them into a Word document or something that will help you see what's in your hand more easily as you play the game.

Please note that "Maude's New Friend" and "Maude's New Friends" are two different cards.

Again, if you have any questions, just ask.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:02 am

Got it, looks interesting, once you have the game thread up and I know the mission details I can domthe name and background info

Cheers, looking forward to it Scott!!

Go easy on me now, LOL

Tom

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:55 am

Actually the missions will be on the cards. Remember, you're a contractor, not some government lackey. You're running a business with multiple Pentagon-type folks as your customers, so you call the shots. Potential missions will come across your desk, and you'll decide if the money is worth the risk.

So we're interested in hearing about your business before you send your boys on their next mission!

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 am

(sorry for the wait Scott, work has been real nasty the last 2 weeks!!)

2013-06-09_085401.png
Shadow Angel Ltd
2013-06-09_085401.png (176.31 KiB) Viewed 1588 times

Here at SA, we do just about anything, you tag em and we'lle bag em for ya!! Out of town, state or even the country...? Its a done deal here at Shadow Angels Limited. Our crack operatives will get the job done, no questions asked!! Got a hot "property" up for grabs, or perhaps an unfriendly dictator that needs to be ousted? Give us a call and leave ALL the details to us. : )

Oh, you wanna name to fit my company, well, its all hush hush but you can call me by my code name TRDG... Esquire that is thats all I can say so my compatition won't get any intel or a leg up on the latest contracts up for bids. Lest just say in the last "dust up" over in those oil country's I lost someone very dear to me. And I sore I would get eve.... Cough, cough. Well enough about me, gotta job for me and my guys and gals? Done DIRT CHEAP...or as much $$ as you want to throw out there or required, (body bags cost extra though!!).

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 am

Ha, hilarious! And BAD. ASS. LOGO. Did you make that?

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks my competitor

Have a bit of a problem on the spread sheets

sheet one has the Walter cheat code , so no prob there

BUt when I look at sheet 2 and 3 they are not filled in, with the Maude and Albert stuff so I can see what other cards I got

ny ideas here the spread sheets show up but as I said sheet 2 and 3 are just the blank boxes.

So right now I know only 2 of my 8 cards, or is there something I'm missing here

in your download after clicking there are 3 sheets to look at, I hit OK for sheet 1 and I get the Walter coded messages

Then I do the same for sheets 2 and 3 and just the blank box sheets with no info there.....

HELP please

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:36 am

In view of our upcoming game here I picked this up a couple weks ago and began playing it on lunch last night

Tom Clancy;s Ghost Recon, Shadow Wars

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Cheers, not to bad of a hand held game if I do say so myself!!

Tom

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Not mercs, but I do like that franchise. I have one of the Ghost Recon games and read the first novel.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok, I figured out how to make it into a PDF. This one's foolproof!
Attachments
Dogs of War decoder A.pdf
Dogs of War decoder (PDF format)
(91.97 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Return to “Logistics Center”