Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Discuss Logistics for PbPM Wargames

Moderators: 50th, josta59

josta59

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 am

Oops, no you're right. Rachwal and Laba are on different floors. Sorry.

Ok, I'm on board with getting things started before your vacation if possible!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 am

Edge of Hamburg (Reloaded)

Here's my setup.

EQ stays the same

Placements:

Albert 1xLMG5 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",2 x HGN3 "M",1 x PST2,1 x BDA
Karl 1xRFL11 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA
Z3(window)/2/crouch/S

Bruno 1xMPL15 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x PST2, 5 x MPL15AMO,1 x BDA
CC2(outside north of the building corner)/1/prone/S

Dieter 1xRFL11 - C; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA,1 x BNC
BB2(window)/1/crouch/S

Franz 1xRFL11 - S; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",2 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA
Gregor 1xRFL11 - A; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA
CC1(outside)/1/stand/S

Gunther 1xRFL11 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA,1 x RDO
BB2(window)/1/crouch/S

Harald 1xMMG5 ; 1 x HGN3 "M",1 x PST2,1 x BDA
Johan 1xRFL11 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x BDA
Julius 1xRFL11 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x BDA
W5(window)MMG5 crews/1/prone/SW

Klaus 1xRFL11 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN3 "W",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA
Siegfried 1xRFL11 - S; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN3 "W",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA,1 x BNC
U5(door)/1/prone/SW

Ulrich 1xRFL11 - A; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN3 "W",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA
C4(door)/1/stand/SE

Walther 1xRFL11+SCP ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN3 "W",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x SCP,1 x BDA
U5(window)/2/crouch/SE

Wilhelm 1xRFL11 ; 1 x HGN3 "G",1 x HGN3 "M",1 x HGN3 "W",1 x HGN5 "G",1 x BDA,1 x RDO
P5(window)/2/prone/SW

Doors and windows in Pzg Set-up area: all open as for general Scenario rules.

Have a look if I make some mistake and roll on (or draw on? :D !
Attachments
EoH(R) T00-02 Pzg Set-up.zip
(8.28 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
EoH(R) set-up.JPG
V6!

Luca

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:43 am

Reviewing the placement to be sure I comply with your set-up (I found I placed Abram at the 2nd floor and not on the 1st with Cal...!), I see the "outside door" position you 'tagged' on some soldiers...in Firepower there isn't a rule depicting a different LOS/LOF for them.
Do you surely remember the "colander effect" of doors and windows.... :mrgreen:

I respectfully suggest you to delete the 'outside' tag for soldiers in a open door hex...they'll get the 'building concealment' and they'll be forever grateful for the '+1' DRM... ;)
V6!

Luca

josta59

Postby josta59 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 am

Thank you very much, my friend, and my apologies! I missed that you were ready to start the game weeks ago! I thought you'd just been very busy. Anyway, you have the chits, so I'm waiting to hear which chit is drawn first.

Anyway, the only guys I have outside doors are Dabkowski and Fabin, I think. Fabin is prone at the top of the stairs, waiting for anyone who might pass by. I think he's fairly safe at the moment.

As for Dabkowski, he is also prone at the top of the stairs. Last time I had to spend a whole turn getting him into position, and I thought this time I'd go ahead and have him ready to fire. Are you saying he has the same LoS if he's prone inside the door? Doesn't make sense realistically.

The only other guy I have marked as outside is Ewy, and that's just so it's clear he's between the buildings, just like last time.

So I think I'm good to go. Who goes first?
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 am

josta59 wrote:Thank you very much, my friend, and my apologies! I missed that you were ready to start the game weeks ago! I thought you'd just been very busy. Anyway, you have the chits, so I'm waiting to hear which chit is drawn first.

You have not to apology: you are right, I was busy: first to have some swim on the beach(being offline), and now (online)to untangle the mess I found at work (nice people who'll NEVER even say hello in the corridor let loose a truckload of s**t on my desk when I was on vacation... :roll: ), but I have the chit and I'll use them! :mrgreen:

josta59 wrote:Anyway, the only guys I have outside doors are Dabkowski and Fabin, I think. Fabin is prone at the top of the stairs, waiting for anyone who might pass by. I think he's fairly safe at the moment.

As for Dabkowski, he is also prone at the top of the stairs. Last time I had to spend a whole turn getting him into position, and I thought this time I'd go ahead and have him ready to fire. Are you saying he has the same LoS if he's prone inside the door? Doesn't make sense realistically.

Sadly this ruleset trace the LOS from hex center point to hex center point, and if it touch a wall it's blocked; If you are in or out is not changing this.

We can cook a home rules about being outside a building allow the LOS to run along a wall whatever it touch the building wall or not... :?:

For a better system you have to try Gunslinger: scale is a hex= 6 ft, not 5 meters as in Firepower; I think you'll like it!

The only other guy I have marked as outside is Ewy, and that's just so it's clear he's between the buildings, just like last time.

Yes, he is not under a case of "Schrödinger's door" syndrome... :mrgreen:
So I think I'm good to go. Who goes first?

The first chit is German...but I can't do any move now...we have to wait biting our nails until Sunday...
V6!

Luca

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 am

I'll have to cope with written orders and the smart move I thought was to conceal them in plain sight!

Well, have a look to the Code.xls
CODE.xls
(39 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

and, if you want, try do decode this:
JQRG AQW YKNN NKMG KV -Y
(copy and paste)
so we'll do some field testing :mrgreen:

In this way the orders are posted but cannot be read by mistake (s**t happens...)
V6!

Luca

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Sorry, I finally got around to trying this code...didn't work for me. Neat idea, but necessary?

Lucky Luke

Postby Lucky Luke » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:01 am

josta59 wrote:Sorry, I finally got around to trying this code...didn't work for me. Neat idea, but necessary?

It isn't necessary at all...not 'here' and not with you !!!! :mrgreen: But it was fun to try some cryptography...
V6!

Luca

Return to “Logistics Center”