Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Discuss Logistics for PbPM Wargames

Moderators: 50th, josta59

User avatar
josta59
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
Location: Delaware, OH
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:07 am

Oh, that was just a question for future games. In the game thread I corrected my last activation and made it the loading of Iskra's grenade. So I think it's finally time for the next chit.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

User avatar
josta59
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
Location: Delaware, OH
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Ok, make that Laba's grenade.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

User avatar
josta59
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
Location: Delaware, OH
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:53 am

I'm so glad you're crunching the numbers. If I ever moderate a game, I'll have to copy and paste your datasets. This is great stuff, and I'm learning a lot.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

User avatar
Lucky Luke
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby Lucky Luke » Thu May 30, 2013 10:50 am

josta59 wrote:I'm so glad you're crunching the numbers. If I ever moderate a game, I'll have to copy and paste your datasets. This is great stuff, and I'm learning a lot.


I'm modifying on-the-fly my excel datasheets, when this game will be finished it will be evolved in something really awesome!

Basically it is vey useful to make some notes in the 'scrap time' (correct? I mean in the little pieces of time between work, i.e.).

Here there is the current version (the 02)
The edge of Hamburg v02.xls
(143.5 KiB) Downloaded 63 times


I hope with this gift to buy your pardon...the things are more bloodier than ever! :o
V6!

Luca



"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

User avatar
josta59
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
Location: Delaware, OH
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:11 am

That's very cool, thanks!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

User avatar
josta59
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
Location: Delaware, OH
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:50 am

Would you mind pointing me to the rule that allows 24 shots directed at multiple hexes by a tripod-mounted machine gun? 'Cause brother, I had no idea that was possible.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

User avatar
Lucky Luke
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby Lucky Luke » Fri May 31, 2013 9:20 am

josta59 wrote:Would you mind pointing me to the rule that allows 24 shots directed at multiple hexes by a tripod-mounted machine gun? 'Cause brother, I had no idea that was possible.


...and I thought that all that RGN loading was aimed at the MMG.... :?

Well, the rule is the 12.6.1 (A14) and the following rule 12.6.2 is the fire with bipod weapons...

I'm not happy to know that I surprised you not with smart moves but with rules that you didn't know... :(

What do you do now?
I'm ready to continue or not, as you want....
V6!

Luca



"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

User avatar
josta59
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
Location: Delaware, OH
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:35 am

No worries, friend, I'm here to learn! :geek: It's my own fault for reading the rules one-and-a-half times...most of them anyway...and not remembering what I read. :oops: Thanks for pointing me to the right spot. That was a hard dish to wake up to, but I'm over it.

Part of my problem too is my difficulty in interpreting the charts, with which you have much experience. I never noticed you could get up to 30 shots with the MMG5, and that's my own fault for not taking the time to really study the charts (if only I had the time!).

Hopefully by the time we play our fifth or sixth game I'll have enough experience to actually compete!

And I'm not nearly done with your West Germs yet. They still have to get across the street, and I have the advantage now of very little opposition on the west side. I've got some serious armament aimed eastward, and your guys are not gonna have an easy time crossing the street...unless there's something else I've missed. :? Makes me really glad we instituted the written orders.

Lucky Luke wrote:...and I thought that all that RGN loading was aimed at the MMG.... :?

Well, you thought right...remember I tried to shoot them before loading the grenade, not realizing I needed an entire turn just to load it!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

User avatar
Lucky Luke
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:20 pm
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby Lucky Luke » Fri May 31, 2013 5:24 pm

josta59 wrote:No worries, friend, I'm here to learn! :geek: It's my own fault for reading the rules one-and-a-half times...most of them anyway...and not remembering what I read. :oops: Thanks for pointing me to the right spot. That was a hard dish to wake up to, but I'm over it.

Part of my problem too is my difficulty in interpreting the charts, with which you have much experience. I never noticed you could get up to 30 shots with the MMG5, and that's my own fault for not taking the time to really study the charts (if only I had the time!).


I have the great advantage to have about 30-45 minutes every day (twice!) when I commute to/from work, had converted manual in pdf format and if I have a doubt, my Kindle is ready...

And, when I was in high school, with some friends joined a National Wargames Club (about 200 members) and to rise rank you have to win games with other members. We started to play between us for points and to improve our gaming to win with other members. To make a long story short we played every week and with every possible trick.
I was not a strategist and my only hope was the "lateral thinking" ...and creative gaming. But only a game like Firepower has a free-form rule system.

josta59 wrote:And I'm not nearly done with your West Germs yet. They still have to get across the street, and I have the advantage now of very little opposition on the west side. I've got some serious armament aimed eastward, and your guys are not gonna have an easy time crossing the street...unless there's something else I've missed. :? Makes me really glad we instituted the written orders.


Yes, they are a resource, but...read before the 16.5: when a soldier is marked with a status marker (suppressed or worse) he cannot execute or receive a written order...so you know because I did what I did with my last activation..... :mrgreen:
V6!

Luca



"I'd rather be lucky than good any day."

User avatar
josta59
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2152
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am
Location: Delaware, OH
Contact:

Re: Firepower: Edge of Hamburg logistics

Postby josta59 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Sorry, but Dabkowski is inside the closed door, as the arrow you put next to him indicates. In my placement list, I listed him as "inside." I meant to have him looking out the door, but then I said all the outer doors should be closed. My mistake, but I think it keeps Dabkowski in "ok" status, does it not? The one time my mistake saves me...

Obviously Klaus wouldn't have shot at the closed door, so I think you should have that activation back.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848


Return to “Logistics Center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest