Completed Miniatures and Miniature Wargaming Components

Moderators: MAGNA, Lucky Luke

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: And my Flames of War Platoons, Companies and so on

Postby TRDG » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks guys,

Kind of sad to say but I am getting a bit more disenchanted with FoW, with the V-3 rules, having them chop their general discussion site and so many friggin updates and having to rebuy book after book with the stats changing more than waranted.

Sounds almost like that other company that did that over the years, hope BF would'nt have gone that way, but it really seems to be there already!!

Trying to find a new "system" that I might use my mini's for, no real luck as of yet

Tom

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:14 am

I still haven't completely settled on a mini's system yet but am leaning heavily towards the range of Too Fat Lardies systems. Currently the kids and I are assembling the materials for building our gaming table once we get to the new house so that we can try the rules out and see if we like them or not. for some reason we'd had a deep interest in the Russian Civil War. :shock:

MAGNA
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MAGNA » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:40 am

I'd definitely have a look at the Fire and Fury Battlefront system. Very few changes are made and the stats cards
make it easy. FOW minis are the perfect scale too as this ruleset was originally to be the ones to go with these
minis. That's why both have the same name.

The rules weren't ready at the time of release for the minis so they went with Flames of War - something like
that.

Best company level WWII ruleset I have ever seen and I've seen quite a lot.
My get up and go never got here in the first place

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:00 pm

The cool thing, is that unlike some GW games, the stuff in your collection is eminently useful for nearly every WWII miniature game... I've been considering dusting off my old "Command Decision" rules......
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:24 pm

I must admit Tom that the Russian tanks are lined up so nice and neat just waiting for a strafing run from a squadron of A-10 T-bolt II's
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Chrisd wrote:I must admit Tom that the Russian tanks are lined up so nice and neat just waiting for a strafing run from a squadron of A-10 T-bolt II's

Not so fast..... This is WWII..... you can only use the the original T-bolt..... :lol:
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:40 pm

I have to agree with MAGNA on Battlefront WWII.....much more user friendly to my interpretation. Ive got Command Decision, too, and they indeed look like another great ruleset. Try as I might, Flames of War just doesn't do it for me, but the Second Edition Rules a brilliant; just a little too into the weeds for me.

What turned me off completely to FoW was the v3 rules and having to re-buy all the books. It was too Wizards of the-Coast-ie for me, in that money is prized more than a loyal fan base (or so it feels).
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Whiterook wrote:I have to agree with MAGNA on Battlefront WWII.....much more user friendly to my interpretation. Ive got Command Decision, too, and they indeed look like another great ruleset. Try as I might, Flames of War just doesn't do it for me, but the Second Edition Rules a brilliant; just a little too into the weeds for me.

What turned me off completely to FoW was the v3 rules and having to re-buy all the books. It was too Wizards of the-Coast-ie for me, in that money is prized more than a loyal fan base (or so it feels).

Well GW does the same thing for the Warhammer games and look at that loyal fanbase.

@Frizz yes that is true but those silly time portals just seem to pop up :P And more than likely those original T-bolts would probably do just as much damage.
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

Return to “Member's Showcase”