CALL FOR PLAYERS: Tank of Tank...Campaign Sign-up!

Completed Missions

Moderators: 50th, josta59

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Lock 'N Load's: Tank of Tank...Campaign Sign-up!

Postby TRDG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 am

Mag just posted on the other tank thread so we have a match for Frank VS Magna, or whatever else you want guys.

So you and me Em or Frank VS Mag, I say let them go first as this is Mags first net game here, but its up to you guys!!

SIGNED up and awaiting their first game..

Frank
TRDG
Em
Magna

PLAYED and awaiting the next games results...

Josta59
Hagen

Cheers, thanks Mag for making this an even 6 players as well as Em!!
Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 am

We'll let the next match be Frank vs MAGNA. Charlescab will bump down to the next match, as I've not heard from him yet....life gets us all busy, so no probs there.

I was figuring one game at a time rather than multiple games running?

I'll adjust the sign up board.....I'm keeping track of the player order on post one of this thread so, thanks for the updates but no need for re-postings. ;)
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Na, just so we got things straight is all my friend, as the flurry of new action, some things can be missed.

Cheers, looking forward to seeing the next game unfold!!

Good luck Mag and Frank, I'll see you guys down the line, gun barrel to gun barrel!!

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:34 pm

I`ve not played Magna at anything yet so this should be interesting.

Heres to a good game.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:09 pm

What do you all think.....should each game be a different scenario....or replay of the one just played? Seems like a dumb question but I want to be fair.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 pm

AS you know, I'd say different, but thats just me.

For Josta and Hagen, did each sides forces seem 100% fair, as well as the terrain, so it was a 50/50 chance to win lose, BEFORE the tactical moves and such came about for each side from turn 1 and on?

I gotta look more closely at the game myself that you guys had, forces and terrain so I can really get whats going on and how 50/50 it was before turn 1 began.

Not a knock on Em (as I hope you should know for goodness sakes!!), just that it has to be dead even/fair on the field of battle, so all players have the same chance in general for the type of game tourney we are getting into here, NOt just a one off game.

Cheers, more after I take a look at the first game, (I can hear Em, "SIGHING" righ now when he reads this, LOL)

Tom

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

TRDG wrote:AS you know, I'd say different, but thats just me.

I agree with Tom. Also, while keeping the sides balanced maybe work in some infantry.

Nice little game and I would like to see what all it has to offer. :D

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 pm

From the looks of it, Scenario 1 was dead even. Looking at Scenario 2, it looks even to me, as well....

The second scenario is called FRONTAL ASSAULT:

Map A. The Germans set up half their units, then the Americans set up ALL of their units, and finally the Germans set up the other half of theirs. Americans move first.

Americans deploy along one long edge anywhere in rows A and B. They have 2x Sherman HQs, 2x Wolverines, 6x Sherman's, 1x Priest.

Germans deploy near the other long edge anywhere in rows E and H. They have 2x Panzer IV HQs, 2x Tigers, 4x Panzer IVs.

Victory: If either side completely destroy the other sides' forces, automatic win. Otherwise, the game ends after Turn 10....if the Americans control 2 of either hexes E6, G9, or H4, they win; if not, the Germans win.

seems even enough to me! Oh, and don't forget the rules rundown is in the Q&A thread!

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Whiterook wrote:From the looks of it, Scenario 1 was dead even. Looking at Scenario 2, it looks even to me, as well....

The second scenario is called FRONTAL ASSAULT:

Map A. The Germans set up half their units, then the Americans set up ALL of their units, and finally the Germans set up the other half of theirs. Americans move first.

Americans deploy along one long edge anywhere in rows A and B. They have 2x Sherman HQs, 2x Wolverines, 6x Sherman's, 1x Priest.

Germans deploy near the other long edge anywhere in rows E and H. They have 2x Panzer IV HQs, 2x Tigers, 4x Panzer IVs.

Victory: If either side completely destroy the other sides' forces, automatic win. Otherwise, the game ends after Turn 10....if the Americans control 2 of either hexes E6, G9, or H4, they win; if not, the Germans win.

seems even enough to me! Oh, and don't forget the rules rundown is in the Q&A thread!

Sounds like a good one. The lower number of German tanks is made for by those 2 Tigers. Trust me, I know. :D

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:21 pm

...Yep

Return to “Archives”