Moderators: 50th, josta59

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

CALL FOR PLAYERS: Tank Battle

Postby TRDG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:26 am

From Milton Bradley, from 1975!! Ha Ha

Picture%20001.jpg
Tank Battle, my first ever war game I ever played!!

Panther tanks DID actually make it into the desert war, at least by Milton Bradleys way of thinking! Ha Ha

I always remembered this as a desert board but now that I look at it, it could be Post Normandy for the terrain.

Well before finishing the last turn of Frank and I's Live FoW Lorraine campaign I went to the local hobby shops and found this in the bargian bin. My first one as I recall was sold at a garage sale many many years ago!!

Just had to get it don't ya know as it brang back many memories of the childhood, dad and my first ever war game I ever played!!! :)

Tank Battle was my FIRST ever war game that I ever played, way back in 1975. My dad bought it, I beleave as an X-Mas gift for me and we played the death out of it, when I could get him to that is..

Cheers, now this is a perfect net game one to do here, any takers?

more pics soon

Tom

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tank Battle

Postby Hagen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Oh man that's cool! Never heard of this game before! :o Can you tell me more???

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:11 pm

I played it before, if it is the one that has supplies as well as tanks. I think it had cool minis, but not remembering for sure.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Hagen wrote:Oh man that's cool! Never heard of this game before! :o Can you tell me more???

Think you might have hooked him Tom now reel him in ;)
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:40 am

Hey TRDG, if you ever want to part with that, ill pay top dollar for it. I know you probably dont, but keep me in mind. Thanks.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 am

Hagen wrote:Oh man that's cool! Never heard of this game before! :o Can you tell me more???

Thanks for the interest guys, I knew it would strike a cord in a few of you!!

Each side has 6 tanks, 5 AT guns and an ammo dump, HQ and a fuel token.

The object of the game is to destroy each others tank to win, it is fairly simple but fun to play, as you guess where your opponents tanks will move, then in close contact you use simple hidden numbers on the tanks (1-6) to see who won that specific tank battle, 1 on one, there are also mines, special AT ammo, and various things happen when you capture and destroy each others fuel, ammo and HQ tokens.

1.jpg
Tank Battle!!

2.jpg
Tank against tank with pretty simple rules, what is there not to like!! :)

Cheers, anyone wanna play a net game of this, say Hagen vs KG or 50th? If so post here please!!

I am thing THIS game would be our old stand by game for TCG, that everyone needs to play at least one game who still hangs around here, bragging rights and all that, LOL besides the fun!!

Probably not KG as I have been looking for this for a long long time, but I'll let ya know if I do sell it bud.

Tom

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:42 pm

I dont have a complete copy anymore. The only thing i have left are the game pieces.

Belive it or not my brothers dog destroyed all the paper in the game when i loaned it to him.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 pm

That is the game I've played before! A friend of mine had a copy in the 80"s
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:45 pm

TRDG wrote:Cheers, anyone wanna play a net game of this, say Hagen vs KG or 50th?

I'm in!! :)

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:43 am

COOL, thank you sir, ned one more, 50th? KGB?

post if your interested and I'll start a game thread as soon as I can.

Cheers, now we are starting to cook!!

Tom

Return to “Archives”