CALL FOR PLAYERS: Nuklear Winter '68

Completed Missions

Moderators: 50th, josta59

josta59

Re: CALL FOR PLAYERS: Nuklear Winter '68

Postby josta59 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:12 am

I'm up for anything--short, long, test, full-blown, multiplayer, whatever. Looking forward to seeing your scenario.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

josta59

Postby josta59 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Man, I am so looking forward to playing this game! Tank On Tank has been a great intro to the LnL system, and now I'm chompin' at the bit for more complex wargaming!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 am

I'm going through the rules trying to get them firmly implanted in the old noodle, now. I need to play a couple games first before I can GM it effectively here. I had planned to do so this week on my PanzerFest vacation but, I literally JUST came down with what looks (and feels) like a major cold.

So, anyone else interested in a go with this game?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

charlescab
Private
Private

Postby charlescab » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:00 am

Im interested in playing as well. Do you guys play live, by email or by forum?

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:30 am

Forums, play by post so far, did you look in our wargame forum yet? Many examples there as well as our spent shell casing sub forum.

Cheers ;)

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 am

Yes, as Tom mentioned, we play here on the forum in a couple ways, depending on the game:

• Some games have you submit your game (turn or phase) orders via PM (personal message). The GM then conducts the operations on whatever platform they are using (e.g., VASSAL, pictures of gameboards oe diorams, etc.)
  • Some games have threads in the Logistics board where you post your game orders, and then the GM conducts operations as above

On this NK68 game, we will be playing via the first bulleted example....same as the White Star Rising and Tank on Tank games are being played. You PM your orders and I conduct the movement/combat and posts SitReps on the main thread (to be established). There will be another thread in the Logistics board for FAQs and where to ask questions.

charlescab
Private
Private

Postby charlescab » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 pm

OK Im in. Just let me know when we are ready to go.

I found this player aide at the end of the example of play from LnL Website which may be of help. First I had seen this player aide anywhere

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1404775/charlescab

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 pm

NICE, you go your two players Em, looking forward to seeing how this all plays out!!

Cheers

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Good deal! The first game of NW68 will be between Josta59 & charlescab

I need to get through the rules first, myself. I assume both players are reading the rules, as well?

I am considering, rather than getting into anything too ambitious, putting a scenario together myself for an 8-turn game with minimal units. NATO against Drittes Reich.

If that is amenable to the two players, I'll plot something out and you can post what side you want to play. Otherwise, we will play the first scenario of the rulebook, Drittes Reich vs Black Hand.

What say the players?

Note: 50th put his hat in the ring but is busy at present so, if the players are OK with this, he will play the winner for the next game?

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 pm

I gotta say, I'm honored to get to play against someone with so much experience! Intimidated? Maybe, but what a learning experience this will be.

I'm fine with whatever scenario you choose. I'd love to see what you come up with, but I know you're busy.

As far as I'm concerned, you can flip a coin for who gets which side. But if Charles has a preference, I'll take the other side.

I can hardly wait to get started. And yes, I'll be reviewing the rules some more. Thanks, Em!

Return to “Archives”