CALL FOR PLAYERS: Nuklear Winter '68

Completed Missions

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CALL FOR PLAYERS: Nuklear Winter '68

Postby Whiterook » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks for all the great input from all! This cold threw me off and I'll get back into the rules when I'm feeling better. Even the games I'm running now are an effort. I'll try and make sure I incorporate enough to keep everyone challenged and entertained.....Tom is correct gat this is a learning curve for me, too (on this game); and running two other games and playing in one are maxing me out right now....but I do want to get NW68 off the ground :D
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 pm

So, it looks like players interested in a go are josta, 50th, charlescab, and wux....I know josta is definitely ready....what about the rest of 'ye? I was planning a 3-player game but I can add more....

Post here your interest to play.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 pm

I`ve already got as much gaming going on as I can manage but I will follow this and maybe sign up for the next one.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Frank wrote:I`ve already got as much gaming going on as I can manage but I will follow this and maybe sign up for the next one.

Frank

Fair 'nough! :D

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:35 pm

OK....I got a 3-player scenario all drawn up (wrote it last night) between the New Reich, NATO, and activation of Black Hand units through hidden Event hexes. I just need to know the three players.

The Germans will be in a defensive position....NATO in attack. We're also dealing with small numbers of troops on all three sides. This is somewhat on the simple side, but plenty of challenge to keep you on your toes. I don't want to throw too much into the pot on the first game as we are all (including me) learning the game.

Charlescab - mentioned he'd like Black Hand, and given how I lined up this scenario, and he being the closest thing to an advanced player with the system...having played a few times, he would likely be the best player for that side.

josta - was good with any side and was the first to express interest in playing so I will allow him choice of NATO or Reich.

50th - indicated he'd play only if no one else joined up; but wuxia said he's considering a play, so I'll PM them to see which is playing. They will get the side josta doesn't pick.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:43 pm

You KNOW I'm in, bud. Thought we'd never get goin'. Can't wait to see your scenario!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:50 pm

josta59 wrote:You KNOW I'm in, bud. Thought we'd never get goin'. Can't wait to see your scenario!

Excellent! :D I was editing the previous post befor yours so take a new gander.

Yeah, I got side-tracked on reading the rules. As a GM, it's vital to have a very good handle on the rules, and this is the first game I've GM'd that I've actually never played! I think you guys will like the scenario. :D

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Sounds awesome. I prefer small numbers. I'll take NATO, please and thank you!
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

josta59 wrote:Sounds awesome. I prefer small numbers. I'll take NATO, please and thank you!

NATO it is....I hope you like bad-assed tanks. :o

If charlescab is still in, he likely gets Black Hand. That leaves the New Reich for wuxia, 50th, or mystery player X.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Whiterook wrote:
josta59 wrote:Sounds awesome. I prefer small numbers. I'll take NATO, please and thank you!

NATO it is....I hope you like bad-assed tanks. :o

If charlescab is still in, he likely gets Black Hand. That leaves the New Reich for wuxia, 50th, or mystery player X.

OK...status update: charlescab is still in, and he will command the Black Hand forces. That leaves the New Reich for our third player......for either wuxia, 50th, or mystery player X; first grab is for Wux.....you in?

Return to “Archives”