INTEREST CHECK: CMBN Play by Post game?

Completed Missions

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: CMBN Play by Post game?

Postby Double Deuce » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:44 pm

To give a better idea of what players will see during the game here is the Platoon Leader (1LT) and his Radioman (PVT) (just click the image below);

HQ SECTION PERSONNEL
  • 1LT (Platoon Leader): M1A1 Carbine w/Bino
  • PVT (Radioman): M1A1 Carbine w/Radio

AVAILABLE AMMO:
  • 150x .30cal M1car
  • 60x .30cal M2
  • 10x Hand Grenade
  • 2x Demo Charge

NOTE: In-game screenshots will be from behind the center of the team so that players get the same point of view as their team. From that image and information posted as far as what you see and hear you will give your team orders for the next turn (1-3 minutes of game time). As far as what details the orders you need to submit would contain, think of what you would do in real time in the situation based on the intel you have at the moment such as have your men move up the trees to their right front, take cover and lay down supporting fire on a certain point of reference (i.e. bridge, hilltop, clump of trees, etc). IF you are within close enough range (Visual or Voice) you can communicate with another of the Teams. IF not you will be expected NOT to communicate via passing PM's while that limitation is in effect. All Orders you post for me to interpret and your comrades to review so they can act for the turn will have a set character limit (TBD) to simulate the FOW. Enemy Activity, Ammo and Wound status will be included with my 1-3 minute intel reports.

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Also, there will be no rush. You will not have to post you orders within a set time limit from the time I complete a turn and post your intel. We will take it nice and slow the 1st time around. ;)

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:43 pm

I have absolutely no idea what I am letting myself in for, but if you don`t mind walking a total beginner through things then i will sign up.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:07 am

SWEET, so we have 3 players now if Em plays!!

Frank

Its pretty basic, DD will give us screen shots or our men and vehicle then we get to post what they do, It should be an objective game I bet, so we would probably need to get to a specific place on the map and capture and/or hold it from the enemy squad.

So say we see a screen shot of a squad in the open and see some woods to the left 200 feet away, on the right a house, and up the middle a road with hedgerow borders. WE can "order" them to walk run crawl fire and whatnot then DD will run it, then we see the results of that on the next computer game screen shot he gives us.

Cheers

Tom

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 am

A quick change to make it more manageable for the payers. Instead of sections each player will control a single soldier, except the Platoon Leader. He will control 2, himself and the Radioman. There will also be a Medic which will be controlled by me as an NPC and who will go where ordered/needed. ;-)

Right now we have 6 "characters" and need a minimum of 3 players but I have room for 4 if someone wants to jump in during the game. Any extra characters will be considered an NPC and handled by me, basically the same as the Medic will be. If we have 3 players I will start a new thread in the TCG Wargames subforum and the game will go live.

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Here are PC's/NPC's. You can choose any except for the Medic as he is an NPC. First come first serve but someone HAS TO take the PL/Radioman. ;-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Platoon Leader and his Radioman (PC)

• 1LT (Platoon Leader): M1A1 Carbine w/Bino
  • PVT (Radioman): M1A1 Carbine w/Radio

AVAILABLE AMMO:
  • 90x .30cal M1car
  • 45x .30cal M2
  • 5x Hand Grenade
  • 2x Demo Charge

The Scout (PC)

• CPL (Scout): M1 Thompson SMG w/Bino

AVAILABLE AMMO:
  • 150x .45cal
  • 4x Hand Grenade
  • 2x Demo Charge

The Sniper (PC)

• PVT (Sniper): M1903A4 Springfield

AVAILABLE AMMO:
  • 66x .30cal M2
  • 2x Hand Grenade

The BAR (PC)

• PVT (BAR): BAR

AVAILABLE AMMO:
  • 333x .30cal M2

The Medic (NPC)

• PVT (Medic): M1A1 Carbine

AVAILABLE AMMO:
  • 21x .30cal M1car

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:33 am

Lookin' good, I'll let Frank get first pics, then see if Em is playing or not...??

Cheers

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:30 am

Absolutely no idea what each ones strength`s and weaknesses are so I chose scientifically. The dice say I am a BAR man

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:30 am

Frank wrote:Absolutely no idea what each ones strength`s and weaknesses are so I chose scientifically. The dice say I am a BAR man

There are some abilities, I guess you would call them that, for each character but it only applies to the leader if there are more than 1 body in the section/unit. For example the unit abilities for the Platoon Leader and his Radioman are based on the leader of the unit, in this case the Platoon Leader. As far as the game is concerned the Radioman has no noticeable in-game abilities unless the PL is KIA and the Radioman takes over.

Once we have 3 players I will post more detailed information as well as an operations order (mission briefing). basically you are a hand picked group of soldiers for a suicide mission. ;)

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:11 pm

That all sounds good. looking forward to it.

Frank
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Archives”