33%

Total votes: 3

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Play the Master Club -- any interest?

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 pm

The concept is simple:

White Star Rising: Play the Master Club (WSR:PtMC)....

Two players will go head-to-head in small platoon-level skirmishes. The winner becomes the "Master" and will face the next opponent, chosen by random draw by me. And so on, and so on. The prize is Bragging Rights until the next "Master" has ripped the victory wreath off your head!!! The scenarios played will be smaller in scope than that seen in the "Noville" game, for instance.

How will this work?

1. Vote in the poll either way
2. Announce your recruitment into the club in a post on this thread and you will go in the "Draw Pool"
3. I, your beloved Admin, will be the first "Master" and draw an opponent by dice
4. At the conclusion of any given game, a new opponent will be drawn by dice roll (ypour assigned number will be kept, in order in which you join the club) to play "Master" of the previous round.
5. There are no limits to the number of people we have in the Draw Pool, so this is an open thread to get new club members

NOTE: On any game in which I am chosen "Master", the opponent will have a major hand in determining the scenario played (in fairness). All scenarios are new and made by me (and sometimes an opponent, as mentioned).

For the first game (if this actually takes off), I will wait until we have at least 5 members....in time, perhaps we will have a huge Draw Pool of members, in which case, we can fine-tune the draw process.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Play the Master Club -- any interest?

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Obviously, I am in the club!!!!! :D
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:42 am

I would be interested, although I will be away for a couple of weeks in September and again in October so if my name could be kept out of the draw until I am back i would appreciate it.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

For me I'd like to get our first WSR game done, then see how it goes down compared to other games. Then if possible get a couple of other members in a game so they can see if they are into it.

Can we have a "say" if other games come up for a master Club,m depending on what people like?

Cheers

Tom

Return to “Archives”