CALL FOR PLAYERS: Patrolling towards Bennt Jbail > SASL

Completed Missions

Moderators: 50th, josta59

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Call for Players > Patrolling towards Bennt Jbail > SAS

Postby TRDG » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 am

Looks good for a training mission Mike, so we have Frank and I to play so far, there must be someone else here who can chip in and run a unit or two to learn ASL, I hope anyways!!

Cheers

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 am

Double Deuce wrote:
Whiterook wrote:Another thought is, and my intent is not to 'steal membership', but are there ACG's that would be interested in joining up here at TCG and playing. I am a member in good standing at ACG and have some amazing friends there still (I hope), so being members here is just an opportunity for another place to play. If you can think of any, Tom and I can PM them over at ACG with a message directly from you. Just thinking out loud.

Honestly, I had actually planned to run this over at ACG once summer arrived but since I cannot access their forums since about February/March and have another ongoing game dying in limbo there because of that access issue, not sure its still an option. As for whom to PM, I'm not sure. The last few ASL games Duncan ran over there did not seem to draw much interest, at least as for those I remember.

As much as I like Armchairgeneral, this is TCG's bonus, then!!!! But that said, I hope there is a way you can get access back over there too, somehow. Is there anyone there I can contact to try and assist you with that?

You know, seriously, I hope that this (TCG) is a place that any other forum's members would feel comfortable making this another home......and I certainly would never want anyone to feel any sense of disloyalty to TCG by being an active member at another forum. As a great friend has said, "This is the Internet, people....let's keep things real and in persepective!"
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:33 am

Double Deuce wrote:OK, how about this smaller, training exercise?

Similar British force as the Bennt Jbail game advances West (Blue Arrows) against an unknown defending German Force with the objective of seizing the 2 story building (Yellow rectangle) at W4/W5.

Suspected ENEMY locations are shown below (the ? counters) along with the preliminary starting Sniper positions.

I copied this excellent post by Pirate-Drakk from over at the Zone that should give some basic game insight;

ASL is broken down into a number of phases and even subphases. This doc is a brief description of those phases. DD will be taking care of most of this for us, but it is useful to know what is going on "behind the scenes".
http://www.grognard.com/info1/aslsksheet.pdf

Here's a short write up on basic squad tactics.
Note:
MMC=MultiMan Counter (not a leader).
DRM=Die Role Modifier (positive DRMs make your units safer, negative DRMs make your units more vulnerable).
ASLSK Basic Infantry Tactics > http://www.savarese.org/simulation/asls ... ctics.html

If you have Power Point, check out this cool little presentation!
http://russgifford.net/ASL/ASLMod5.ppt

We won't be getting into vehicles much but here is some basics anyway just a FYI.
http://homepage.urbanet.ch/aborel/ASL/asl3a.pdf

Just remember to focus on maneuver and shooting and I will handle all the finite details.

This looks awesome! I'd feel more comfortable (personally, as a player) to go with this before a full-out game. I might be able to get another player in here too, so let me make a quick check for 'ya.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:24 am

So what group or groups do you want to run frank, and Em I suspect, lets get this thing rolling I say!@!

Duncan, did you want in?

2012-10-27_111200.png
Pick your group guys!!

I'll still stick with the HQ and distribute the weapons if no one here wants them.

Cheers

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 am

I have no idea what anything is so just allocate me a unit please.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:20 am

Frank

In the HQ we have

1 Commander with better than average stats, 2 crew units for the mortor and one for the Anti-tank rifle, then a less pwerfull rifle unit.

For group 2 we have

1 Commander with just ok stats, 2 regular rifle units and one Light machine gun that can be used by one of them

Group 3 same as above

Group 4, same as above but a better commander.

So in my judgement if you don't want the HQ then second best thing is to take group 4 with the better commander, then if you would take group 2 as well please!!

Cheers, so is there any other players or should I take group 3 as well??

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Ok mate, if I don`t know what I am doing with one unit then I might as well not know what I am doing with two.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:43 am

Thank you sir!!

So I have just the HQ for the moment, then you have groups 2 and 4

Cheers, so lets give it through the weekend and no other takers then I'll take the last group and start this learning game up.

Once others here.... see what is going on then I hope for a full game from the original first post here might be played with others!!

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:17 pm

It looks like just us two players Mike, is that going to be ok with you bud?

Cheers, at least you know Frank and I will stick with it at least!! ;)

Tom

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

TRDG wrote:It looks like just us two players Mike, is that going to be ok with you bud?
I just realized I only replied to you about this via PM a while back but to answer this out in the open. Not sure that just 2 would really be enough. Plus, it seems like there are few other games currently running here on the forums at the moment and I don't want to spread people too thin. Probably best to wait until some of these other games finish up for now before kicking something like this off so for now its officially "on hold".

Return to “Archives”