Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

CALL FOR PLAYERS: Chess Games

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:14 pm

CALL FOR PLAYERS: Chess matches...

image.jpg

White moved a pawn and now it's Black's turn. I can do a flip of the board so the player whose turn it is is always on the bottom of the screen.....

image.jpg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Geek44
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Trial run for a possible chess game.

Postby Geek44 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:08 am

Seems easy enough to follow mate. Just wondering how I would now make a move?
Will be away for a couple of days now mate...back Monday. Public holiday here...apparently it's the Queen's Birthday (actually it's not her birthday...we just celebrate (read; 'have a day off') it now.
Every part a masterpiece.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 am

Geek44 wrote:Seems easy enough to follow mate. Just wondering how I would now make a move?
Will be away for a couple of days now mate...back Monday. Public holiday here...apparently it's the Queen's Birthday (actually it's not her birthday...we just celebrate (read; 'have a day off') it now.

Well, note at the top left of the screen, it denotes whose turn it is....it showed 'Your Turn' because the game was set against the computer as opponent, hence the 'your'. The last picture posted will always be whose turn it is....that player will then:

• Give me their next move...either posted or PMed;
  • I'll execute the move on my iPad Chess App;
  • Then the resultant board with the new move will be posted, showing it is now the opponents turn;
  • We of course talk smack as we go!

image.jpg

The picture shows the move made....note the *from/to* colored squares of the Black Queen's Pawn. The App allows multiple views by 'grabbing' the pic and dragging it to a new angle, so...the above pic will be the standard shot, and I can give you any angle you wish, such as....

image.jpg

What do you think?

The main thing I want to emphasize is, this is at your pace gaming, and yiu should never feel rushed or you've 'left things too long'. There is no time limit and it's for fun, mate. :D

Enjoy the time off! I just took three days off for wedding anniversary day trip to Vermont Wednesday (belated...it was our 29th on Sunday June 2nd but the weather was atrocious for a day trip); the two days in remembrance of D-Day with movies and wargaming.

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Looks cool!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks :D ...do you play? If you're interested in a future game, let me know.

I started playing chess somewhere around the early 70's. I played a lot in the 79-80's, but after I got married, it dried up pretty much to where I never play now. The friends I played against long since went away; and though Karen was on the Chess Club in college and can pretty much mop the floor with me, she hasn't had much of an interest anymore. I sometime wish she was a games fanatic like me but, that's no dis on her, as she just has other interests and I'm cool with that.

Anyway...the way I got into chess was my best friend growing up, named Phil, and his dad Ray. Ray was REAL good at chess and Phil had a good teacher in him. I wanted to play but had no idea how. But one day, being dragged through the grocers isles by my mom, I saw a Lucky Charms cereal box with a cut-out chess board and pieces on the back, and a little graphical chart on the spine with each piece and it's movement. I made my mom buy the box and I studied it at home, playing some games out solitaire.

I then out-of-the-blue, challenged my friend to a game one day...he laughed, but obliged....and I proceeded to beat the pants off of him! :lol: ....ahhhhhhhh, a lucky a harms, their magically delicious; so is a victorious game against an opponent that never saw it coming!!!!

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 am

As long as you do all the hard work then I am up for it. I am really out of practice though.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Frank wrote:As long as you do all the hard work then I am up for it. I am really out of practice though.

Excellent! I'll be up-front and say I've not played in years myself, so there's a lot of rust to shake off :lol:

I put up a thread I'm the Logistics area on how to read and wright algebraic chess notation.....however we don't need to get that technical here, if it makes you uncomfortable; as long as you can tell me your moves to the destination coordinate (see the chessboard map at the beginning of that Logistics thread that has all the coordinates listed), I should be able to figure it out.

Nick is also possibly taking me on a game!!! I can do up to four games on my iPad (theoretically) at once.

If anyone else wants to take on another player, I'll put a board up for them and GM it.

Games so far:

Frank vs Whiterook

Frank....what color would you like...white or black?

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Call for Players: Chess Games

Postby Frank » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:34 pm

I`m quite happy for you to live up to your name, I`ll take black. :)
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Call for Players: Chess Games

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Frank wrote:I`m quite happy for you to live up to your name, I`ll take black. :)

Ha haaaaaaaa...dang, yiu know, I didn't catch that coinkydinky. :lol: Ok.....I'll get the board up, maybe this weekend. Pay at you're pace, mate.

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 am

Whiterook wrote:Thanks :D ...do you play?

Well, it's like golf, I play at it if you know what I mean. :D I have a app set up now on my phone and I have a hand held version but I seldom play off of the easiest level.

But yes, I would be interested to play a game.

Return to “Archives”