Help Needed: Winter Diorama

Improve your Technique & Knowledge

Moderator: Geek44

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Help Needed: Winter Diorama

Postby Whiterook » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:11 pm

I'm planning on placing the ZIS-42 Snow Coach onto a Winter diorama base....

image.jpeg
ZIS-42 Snow Coach

I have a piece of wood all routhed out on the edges, which I plan to apply paint to the edges with my airbroush. The part I need help with is creating the snowy terrain, and how to get it on the wood board.

I am figuring one way would be plaster, or another using Celluclay. But using either (or another recommendation), how to you adhere it to the wood base?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

McCoy

Re: Help Needed: Winter Diorama

Postby McCoy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:26 pm

One cheap method here would be the one I used on my T-34-57 Model 1941 diorama. Celluclay with a layer of plaster on top of it followed by putting diluted white glue over everything and powdering baking soda over it all.
Reality - The worst game ever!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help Needed: Winter Diorama

Postby Whiterook » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:17 pm

McCoy wrote:One cheap method here would be the one I used on my T-34-57 Model 1941 diorama. Celluclay with a layer of plaster on top of it followed by putting diluted white glue over everything and powdering baking soda over it all.

Intersting build up! I believe I bought ssome celluclay at some point, but never used it. They say it's easy to mix and use.

I guess the one question that eludes me is, how do you get it to stick to, say, a wood plaque?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Model Making Tips & Help”