Foil Tarp

Improve your Technique & Knowledge

Moderator: Geek44

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Foil Tarp

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:30 pm

Now here's an awesome idea for making tarps, canvas cab roof or truck bed covers, etc. Tin foil!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I quite like the idea of the mold-a-bility of the material, and with careful crafting and application, looks just like cloth material with peaks and valleys, wrinkles, folds, etc. There is of course, a degree of un-forgiveness to tinfoil, so a fair level of care must be used. But overall, I know I want to experiment more with this!

image.jpg

image.jpg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Foil Tarp

Postby Frank » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:29 pm

That would work quite well, I have head of people using the thicker foil from tubes of tomato puree and things like that, but not just foil.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

McCoy

Re: Foil Tarp

Postby McCoy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:39 pm

A good source for lead foil is wine bottles! Not the cheap ones as they got plastic foil and that's unusable. No here's a reason to go after the better wines. I'd say that it's a win-win situation here. Good tasty wine for your dinner and SWMBO will be satisfied with your choice of wine to her cooking and you get good lead foil from the bottle...
Reality - The worst game ever!

Return to “Model Making Tips & Help”