GE Reveal LED Bulbs for Model/Miniature Work

Improve your Technique & Knowledge

Moderator: Geek44

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

GE Reveal LED Bulbs for Model/Miniature Work

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:58 pm

When working on a model or miniature, many of us work in rather small areas generally, or small workshops, where thee light can be problematic. Most working area pictures I've seen online have spring-loaded arm lamps or tin bell drop lights (I have both :D ), and I have found that the best results in my paint work has come from using the Reveal bulbs. you need to be able to see the best lit version that you can achieve (short of being outside in natural light) in order to get the right colors your mind was seeing vs what came out of your mixings.

I was initially concerned when, here in the United States, it was decided to phase out regular or incandescent light bulbs. I was pleased to see GE stepped up to the plate with bringing my favorite bulb into the new era:

GE reveal® LED light bulbs are engineered to filter out dingy yellow tones to illuminate a color enhanced spectrum of light; Provides instant brightness with no delay; Semi-omnidirectional light output of 220 degrees.

image.jpg
image.jpg (10.34 KiB) Viewed 751 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.12 KiB) Viewed 751 times

• Dims from 100% to as low as 20%
• 5-year limited warranty for the GE reveal® 11-watt LED
• Energy efficiency and long life means fewer lamp replacements versus standard incandescent or halogen light sources
• The 60-watt LED replacement lamp using 11 watts of energy can save over $80 in energy costs, and a 40-watt LED replacement lamp using 8 watts of energy can save over $88 in energy costs, over the rated life of the lamps versus a standard GE reveal ® incandescent A19 lamp based on $0.11 per kWh
• These lamps use up to 80% less energy compared to incandescent bulbs and contain no lead or mercury

These are GREAT bulbs and I highly recommend them. For more info, go here:
http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/n ... ght-bulbs/
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

McCoy

Re: GE Reveal LED Bulbs for Model/Miniature Work

Postby McCoy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:48 pm

LED lights is always the first option for me but for our hobby there's another aspect to be aware of is to get the right colour. Opt for 840 (4000 Kelvin) if possible as it helps a lot with a neutral white light when you paint your models.
Reality - The worst game ever!

Return to “Model Making Tips & Help”