WarChest: Em vs Scott

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

josta59

Re: WarChest: Em vs Scott

Postby josta59 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:08 am

Cool, and I'm going to try to have the figure stats showing with every board image so you have them available for quick reference.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:01 pm

josta59 wrote:Cool, and I'm going to try to have the figure stats showing with every board image so you have them available for quick reference.

OK...read some of the rules and have a bit of an idea what's going on. Well, OK, non at all, but what the heck! I'll go with the placement I mentioned, except...switch the Enchantress and Chieftain positions. Thanks!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Your unlikely team of heroes arrives on the field where they heard the enemy's war chest was last seen. The unseelie enchantress with you magically pulls your own war chest behind her. You, a champion among dwarves, feel confident with the powerful female Minotaur at your side and experienced Grimuk chieftain at your flank.

No sooner do you clear the tree line than you see two menacing figures approaching you at high speed. The Minotaur with you recognizes the closer figure first--it's a very dangerous bull Minotaur! What are your orders?

WarChest turn 1.jpg

You can now perform 1 action with each of 2 of your figures (either move or use a special ability, not both, and remember that a move can include a move into automatic melee). The image above includes the stats for every figure on the board, including their special abilities. See the rules for what those abilities are exactly.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Enchantress exerts 7 Mind Control Points on the Bull Minotaur; Chieftain moves forward one toward the Bull Minotaur.

OK...I have no clue if what I am trying to do is actually what I'm trying to do :lol: :shock: , but for those following along just as clueless as I, I think that Mind Control thing freezes Scott's Bull Minotaur on his next turn. The rest of the strategy is confidential :lol:

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:34 am

Nice move! I'm guessing you meant to move the champion (rather than the chieftain), since he's the one in front of the bull Minotaur? Or did you want to move the chieftain just 1 space out of a possible 2? I took a guess and moved the champion. Hope that's right.

You shout the enchantress's name (let's say...Lilandra?), and she knows what to do before you even say it. With her ancient skills, she attempts to take control of the bull Minotaur's mind. But he is powerful in mind as well as body, and her spell takes longer than you'd hoped.

(Your enchantress needs to use her ability two more times to take control of the bull Minotaur, since he has a point cost of 19.)

You step forward to slay the beast...

Now it's my turn. I move the bull Minotaur 1 space for melee with your champion. A2 vs D1, and the champion's protection ability allows him to ignore one but not both of my attack points. The champion is captured, sorry.

I also move my necromaster, turning it 90 degrees and moving one space to the left.

WarChest turn 2.jpg

Your move!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:48 pm

Enchantress pivots to her right (b row) and moved to a7; and casts a Mind Control spell on the Bull Minotaur

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Couple of issues there.

Firstly, each 90-degree turn costs 1 movement point. A piece with 2 movement points can either move 2 spaces in the direction it's facing, or turn 180 degrees, or turn 90 degrees and move 1 space (like my necromaster did).

Secondly, a figure can only perform one action in a turn: move, use a special ability, reactivate if disabled, or rest. So your enchantress can't move and use her special ability in the same turn.

Sorry! I recommend casting mind control and moving a different figure to block the bull.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Can I move my Minotaur on the Bull and cast a Mind bender?

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Yes, you can! Keep in mind, though, that you're lowering the defenses of the very figure you want to control soon! It's a tough position to be in.

Undaunted by the defeat of the dwarf champion, the enchantress continues to lay on the mind control while the female Minotaur moves to take on the bull herself. Here comes a clash of the Minotaurs!

Em's female moves forward, rotates, and then moves into melee. A1 vs D4, and the bull is reduced to D3. The femtaur retreats to the space from which she came.

The enchantress just needs 5 more mind control points on the next turn for Em to take control of my bull!

My turn: I rotate my bull and move into melee with the femtaur. A2 vs D3, and the femtaur is reduced to D1. My bull retreats, and they end up glaring at each other. Soon they'll be on the same side...but at quite a cost to Em's squad.

Meanwhile, my necromaster continues to sneak along behind the scenes.

WarChest turn 3.jpg

Your turn again!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Ack...I didn't think of that :lol: :shock: That's OK, I'm learning as we go.

OK, Enchantress casts Mind Contro on Bull; Chieftain move towards my warchest

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”