"The Chateau", LNLTactical

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "The Chateau", LNLTactical

Postby Whiterook » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:54 pm

T2, Impulse 3, SS

The German SS Squad with MG34 MG in I3 moves into the H3 Heavy Woods hex for Assault Movement and continues the pressure with further firing on the previously fired upon American 101st units (Squad with BAR and Shaken Squad) in open hex F3...

ATTACKER: 4 FP + 1d6, 3 +1 Moving Target Bonus = 8 - 2 AM fire = 6.
DEFENDER: 1d6, 5 + 1TM = 6.
RESULT = No Effect.

Negated...no DC needed, so the Shaken Result will be removed.DAMAGE CHECK:
[Shaken Squad, 1d6, 1+ 2 (difference in the roll) = 3 @ 6 Morale, results in No Effect.
Squad/BAR, 1d6, 5+ 2 (difference in the roll) = 7 @ 6 Morale, results in Shaken.]

...my units are now Spotted for McCauley :shock:

Scott's units fired on....

Revised 1.jpg
Revised unit detail

SITREP map....

T2, i3 ss, Revised Sitrep.jpg
Revised SitRep map

A WORD ON STRAT: I'd first thought moving down into Light Woods H4 to attack Franks' McCauley units, 'cause no one likes flanking movement (nice work there, Franko!), but that of course opens me up to attack from Clarkson's mob. The other thought for me was of course, Scott's units are in the open and have some Shaken troops.

OK, we're all caught up on corrections and Scott actually benefited on getting rid of a Shaken result on one of his squads!! Sorry for the interruption and confusion in the game....there's a lot of moving parts to this system, and I'm glad for the opportunity to play out scenarios, so as to fortify my knowledge and comfort with the system. I really love this game!!!.

Americans are up ;)
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Go, Frank! I'll cover you.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:11 am

I have a couple of questions I will post up in logistics and then get back to you.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:18 am

Frank wrote:I have a couple of questions I will post up in logistics and then get back to you.

No probs...post questions when you have a moment, and please reach out if you need help or advice. This is definitely a 'feel-out the system' game we're playing.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:09 pm

SPOILER ALERT! See the following thread, first post, for 82nd Airborne options

http://www.militarywargaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=2433&p=24507&sid=14a9fc99420e44d3def0c328c4209b5a&sid=14a9fc99420e44d3def0c328c4209b5a#p24507

This is a bit of a learning game for the players, so the community might gain a little more insight into game mechanics from an outside thread. And of course, the players are bot invited to check in, as well.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Frank...it's your move, mate.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Sorry, took a bit of time to think about this and it kind of stretched.

Ok, I will move Captain Mac and the shaken squad with the bar back so they can regroup. Back through the house to A5 please. I did consider C6 as having good cover and being a bit nearer to the Chateau but A5 is probably safer.

I do want to keep my officers as mobile as possible so no heavy weapons but would the demo charges slow them down if they were carrying those?
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:59 pm

OK...sorry guys...life got a bit crazy there for a spell. I'll get this back on track this weekend the latest (I'll see what I can do before then). You guys doing OK with this so far? I know the ruleset is definitely harder than most of the games played here. I don't want to overwhelm 'ya.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Sure.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:52 am

Same here.
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”