"The Chateau", LNLTactical

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "The Chateau", LNLTactical

Postby Whiterook » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:11 pm

T2, Impulse 4, 82nd AB

Capt. McCauley in hex F5, grabs the BAR and leads the Shaken Squad, doubletime movement (a unit moving the entire move with a leader increases it's movement to the leaders' 6MP) to the rear; moving through the road to hex E5, house D6, Low Crops C6 and B6, and into hex A5. He leaves his Squad with machinegun support weapons back in F5.

T2, i4.jpg

T2, Impulse 5, SS

The Germans pass and hold position, watching events keenly!

Americans are up again.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:16 pm

I don't want to do anything until my front guys can act, so I pass for now.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:33 pm

josta59 wrote:I don't want to do anything until my front guys can act, so I pass for now.

Got it...will that be a Pass for the Americans for Impulse 6? ...or are you waiting to see if Frank wanted to do something in Impulse 6?

I don't want to slow down the game but, please make sure you are both committed to a pass as a team. It's likely not an issue at this juncture, but that could be a critical pass in future moves :D

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:55 pm

It's all on Frank.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:32 pm

I want to do something with the Lt, I will have a quick think about what, possibly need to run something by you in the logistics thread first though.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Forget about the Lt for a minute, I want to fire the mmg stack at the spotted stack please.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:22 pm

T2, Impulse 6, 82nd AB

The American 82nd AB Squad in hex F5 fires their inherent firepower, along with .30 cal machine guns at the Spotted German SS Squad with MG34's in the Forrest hex H3. The LOS is degraded Light Woods G3 (the terrain in the target hex doesn't count).

ATTACKER: 4 FP, -1 Moving Target Bonus, + 1d6, 5 = 8.
DEFENDER: 1d6, 1 + 2 TM for Forrest= 3
RESULT: HIT

DAMAGE CHECK: 1d6, 4 + 5 (difference in roll) = 9 @ 5 SS Squad Morale
RESULT: SHAKEN SS Squad

That was close! Equal or greater than 2X Morale would have been a Casualties result....I escaped that by 1!!! :shock: :o

T2, i6 82nd.jpg

T2, Impulse 7, German SS

I'm going to pass. I have the good Colonel in the Chateau, who could have his men return fire at the Frank but, there are several active Americans units still unactivated and I have to play this a little safe for any whacky moves coming up!!!

Americans are up again. Please decide between the two of you who will act, or you you both conclude to Pass.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:10 am

Frank, is there anything else you want to do this turn? I just want the fired markers off so I can bloody fire again.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:26 pm

If I have read the rules right, I can fire at H5 with just one degrading hex in between as you do not count the hex the target is in?

If so can I fire the Lt`s stack at H5 please.
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Frank wrote:If I have read the rules right, I can fire at H5 with just one degrading hex in between as you do not count the hex the target is in?

If so can I fire the Lt`s stack at H5 please.

The marked Spotted units? H3....I'll take a lookie

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”