"The Chateau", LNLTactical

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "The Chateau", LNLTactical

Postby Whiterook » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Turn 3, Impulse 8, Americans

Pass

Turn 3, Impulse 9, SS

The Germans move their broken SS squad in I2 moves back to the Chateau in hex J3

SITREP

T3i9 SS.jpg

Americans are up
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Not sure about Frank, but I plan to pass until the next turn.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 am

Don`t think there is anything else I can do, or have I got that wrong?
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Frank wrote:Don`t think there is anything else I can do, or have I got that wrong?

Well, it depends....there actually are a couple things you need to think and worry about:

Your Shaken Squad in hex F5 is in dire peril. Worse, it is holding an assembled .30 cal machinegun!

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 7.58.44 PM.png
F4 occupants

That's why I rushed my two SS Squads to hex G4 in Turn 3, Impulse 7 :twisted: You see, that machinegun looks mighty tempting to me, and was worth it to me to throw my guys out in the open like that....because....you cannot Rally the squad in F5, 'cause there is no Leader. That presents me with two options by moving where I did...

Option 1: If you don't move that Shaken Squad to E4 with Lt. Clarkson...where the LT will at least be abe to try and Rally them in a matter of a couple more impulses at best (when we move to Turn 4)...then chances are very high I will Melee them next turn; note the last sentence in the following....

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 7.56.58 PM.png
Shaken Unit Surrender

The chances are high that I'll just capture your Shaken guys and grab that MG. Yeah, I'l take potential Opportuniy Fire from you, but my ass is in the open anyway! ...I'll jump into those woods in F5 no matter what (....I'm not stupid :lol: ).

Option 2: If you do move that Shaken Squad to E4 with Lt. Clarkson, I'll still likely move in to snag that gun!

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 7.59.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 7.49.29 PM.png
Drop your Easter Eggs, Mr. Bunny!

I'm going to catch a hail of lead anyway....I might as well make it worth my while! That gun will stay because it is in its assembled side, and you can't move it when your Shaken Squad leaves....

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 7.53.33 PM.png
The Assemblification Conundrum

I can snag that .30cal by expending an additional 2 MPs....

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 7.52.56 PM.png
Pick up line, wink wonk

....of course, that might be shortlived if I don't case some hurting with it, as noted in the last paragraph above :o

Of course, you might get the Initiative before me, so all that chance taking might be my folly!!!

So, you are faced with the decision best pondered in that greta song, 'should I stay or should I go?'

OK...so there's an Option 3. You could move Capt. McCauley up to F4....have him waiting for the Rally Phase coming up and try to bring them back to the fight. I'd recommend dropping the BAR first. I don't have the TEC on me, but I believe those crops are just a 1MP cost??? (I can't tell you everything :lol: :o :lol: )

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm

For those wondering why I'm spilling the beans on my strat....this is a learning game, too. I'm hoping to hook these lads (and you) on this game so I can sucker...errrr, guide you to the wonders that are Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit!!! :D

josta59

Postby josta59 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:48 am

Em, you've become a master question answerer! I love the images of the rules and your witty captions.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:03 pm

josta59 wrote:Em, you've become a master question answerer! I love the images of the rules and your witty captions.

Hey, thanks man!!! I'm hoping it helps people watching, too...I figure it's a great way to teach the game for the audience, as well as the players.

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:57 am

Looks like the best, well least worst,option is to move the mmg crew back to the Lt`s hex.

If I move the Captain up then the shaken units on the board edge will essentially be out of the fight, and we can`t afford that.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Sounds good...I'll get to it when things clear up at work

Game on hold for a week, as I'm tied up with a work gig. Will resume soonest after May 5th

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu May 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Frank wrote:Looks like the best, well least worst,option is to move the mmg crew back to the Lt`s hex.

If I move the Captain up then the shaken units on the board edge will essentially be out of the fight, and we can`t afford that.

OK, I'm back in the saddle!

I haven't looked at this very close but, to where do you want to head to? (ex. D5 or E6?)

The plus side is, if the Cap can rally his boys, they can then all move toward your retreating guys for a rally attempt in a future turn.

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”