"The Chateau", LNLTactical

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "The Chateau", LNLTactical

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:27 pm

T2, Impulse 8, 82nd AB

Lt. Clarkson of the American 82nd AB has his two Squad in hex H8 fire their inherent firepower, along with BARs at the previously moved and Spotted German SS Squad with MG34's in the Forrest hex H3. The LOS is degraded Shrubs in H4 (the terrain in the target hex doesn't count).

ATTACKER: 4 FP, -1 Moving Target Bonus, -1 Degrading Terrain, +1 Leadership, + 1d6, 4 = 7.
DEFENDER: 1d6, 4 + 2 TM for Forrest= 6
RESULT: HIT

DAMAGE CHECK: 1d6, 2 + 1 (difference in roll) = 3 @ 5 SS Squad Morale
RESULT: NO EFFECT (phew! :shock: )

T2, i8 82nd.jpg

T2, Impulse 9, SS

Again, I'm going to pass this phase.... I don't trust these sneaky Americans!

It's up to the 101st! ..Scott?
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Passing again, thanks. Just waiting for those fired markers to be removed.

Nice try, Frank!

Does range not figure into the results at all? Would've been the same result at 2 hexes away? Just wondering.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:15 pm

josta59 wrote:Passing again, thanks. Just waiting for those fired markers to be removed.

Nice try, Frank!

Does range not figure into the results at all? Would've been the same result at 2 hexes away? Just wondering.

This is one of the oddities of this system in that, there is no point black range (firing at an adjacent hex); and no reduced range fire, where some games allow you to add extra FP if firing at half range or less. The only thing this system has is Extended Ranger, where you can fore at double your range, but at half FP...but the caveat there is, you have to have only a certain type of unit which allows that, which are units with a block box in the background of the range number (none of our units have this ability).

OK, on another note: You just forced my hand :D :( ...I had passed; you just passed; if I pass again, being the third consecutive pass in a row, the turn would end and we'd go to the Administrative Phase. I've been holding fore in case you did something funky with Maj. Tom, actually. So, I'll take an impulse....

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:38 pm

T2, Impulse 10, 101st AB

Pass

T2, Impulse 11, SS

SS Col. Kerner has his Squad in the Chateau hex J3 fire their inherent firepower, along with MG34 MGs at the Spotted American 82nd AB Squad with MG34's in the Light Woods hex F5. The LOS is degraded Shrubs in H4 (the terrain in the target hex doesn't count). Note that though McCauley moved part of his forces out of that hex this turn, the stationary troopers that stayed behind remain unmoved, so no movement fire bonus for the Germans.

ATTACKER: 4 FP, -1 Degrading Terrain, +1 Leadership, + 1d6, 5 = 9.
DEFENDER: 1d6, 3 + 1 TM for Light Woods = 4

DAMAGE CHECK: 1d6, 3 + 5 (difference in roll) = 9 @ 6 82nd AB Squad Morale
RESULT: SHAKEN

Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 6.30.29 PM.jpg

SITREP....

T2, i11 SS.jpg

So Scott, do you want to do anything with Major Tom or Lt. Michael; or do you declare a Pass for the remainder of the Turn?

josta59

Postby josta59 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Pass to the end of the turn, please.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:11 pm

OK, so we move on to Turn 3!

Both the Americans and Germans are fairly well, fully engaged in battle and we have several Shaken squads on the board, for both sides, which will be resolved next to see if we can get them back in the fight. So as we get ready to start the next turn, this is where we are before moving to Turn 3's Rally Phase....

T3 start.jpg
Pre-Rally, Turn 3

NOTE: Just want to pint out how well you both (Frank and Scott) are doing with this system. You look like you have the basics coming along nicely. Keep in mind, this is the same rules system for the Pacific Theater game we were playing previously, so maybe we can start that game back up after this game, or a couple more run throughs of these type scenarios. I am hoping to get you hooked on LNLT. Interestingly enough, once you have this down, you are not far away from entering ASLSK, if interested down the pike...it is very similar, being a lot more basic than full blown ASL.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:04 pm

T3, Initiative Phase

Roll 2d6; Americans/Germans = 2, 2

A tie :shock: Per 3.0 Rally, ties go to the player who held initiative the previous turn; Germans have initiative for Turn 3

Rally Phase

The Germans' Shaken Squad in hex H3 are without a Good Order (GO) Leader in their hex, so they are unable to Rally. So we move on to the Americans.

American 82nd AB, Capt. McCauley (GO), tries to rally the Shaken Squad in his command hex A5.

RALLY ROLL: 2d6, (4,6) 10 - 1 Leadership = 9 @ 6 Squad Morale
RESULT: DOES NOT RALLY

All other American Shaken units have no GO Leader, so they are unable to Rally.

T3, Impulse 1, SS

The Shaken German SS Squad in hex H3 activates and pulls back to J4 (Bocage hex I6 just blocks the Americans' LOS in that area).

T3, I1 SS.jpg

Americans are up...gentlemen?

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:22 am

Group fire F2 targeting I2, please. If they need to be spotted first, then let's do that. If they can get any help from the units in F3, make it so. Thanks.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Turn 3, Impulse 2, 82nd AB

The American Squad in Building hex F2, with .30 cal's takes aim at the at the two SS quads in Forrest hex I2.

Screen Shot T3I2a.jpg

They don't know if anyone's moved in there, but they have a clear LOS to the Forrest and suspect the Germans are holding position...so they perform a Spotting Attempt (1d6 of 2 or less):

ROLL: 1d6, 1
RESULT: SPOTTED

Combat ensues...

ATTACKER: 4 FP, + 1d6, 4 = 8.
DEFENDER: 1d6, 4 + 2 TM for Forrest= 6

DAMAGE CHECK: 1d6, 6 + 2 (difference in roll) = 8 @ 5 SS Squad Morale
RESULT: SHAKEN
DAMAGE CHECK: 1d6, 1 + 2 (difference in roll) = 3 @ 5 SS Squad Morale
RESULT: NO EFFECT

Screen Shot T3I2b.jpg

Turn 3, Impulse 3, SS

The Germans in hex I2 return fire on Building hex F2, covering their comrades.

ATTACKER: 2 FP, + 1d6, 1 = 3.
DEFENDER: 1d6, 6 + 3 TM for Wooden Building = 9
RESULT: MISS

Screen Shot T3I3a.jpg

SITREP MAP....

T3, I3 SS.jpg

Americans are up.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:24 pm

That was kinda brutal :shock:

I really debated whether to fire my SS Squad counter, as it's just such a longshot in that hexes' current situation with it's companion out of action for the time being. It probably would have ben preferred to pul back into the Chateau, where the Shaken unit could be attempt a rally next turn, and consolidate units; but, abandoning the forrest edge then opens up incursion by the 101st, and once they are in my perimeter, it's a dog fight. It really was a tough choice to stay put with that operational unit.

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”