"The Chateau", LNLTactical

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

"The Chateau", LNLTactical

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:54 pm

France June 6, 1944.

SITUATION: The German SS have setup a forward command post in the Chateau du Lac. Situated on a major road from Utah beach, the small Chateau could be a critical linch pin to the Germans holding back the Americans trying to make their way inland.

VICTORY CONDITIONS: Control Chateau Hexes K3 and J3 by end of Turn 10. Control is considered occupation of, or last to occupy the hex.

ENTRY: Pre setup, the American paratroopers setup anywhere within the first 2-1/2 hex row west-edge map edge. After setup, Americans start Turn one with Initiative.

MAP:

The Chateau.jpg
Start Map
The Chateau.jpg (383.86 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

TROOPS:

82nd.jpg
82nd Airborne Troops
82nd.jpg (28.6 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

101st.jpg
101st Airborne Troops
101st.jpg (25.47 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

SS.jpg
SS
SS.jpg (159.36 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

Scott and Frank will be playing this scenario, and they will choose which Paratroopers they will command, 82nd or 101st. Please designate starting hexes and whom you want to carry your allotment of support weapons....note that you can assign support weapons as you feel needed (those pictured do NOT have to go to that divisions' units!!!)

Living Rules available at: http://www.militarywargaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2389&sid=bd6fd0b96277c3579cd6c115a1a89000
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Re: "The Chateau", LNLTactical

Postby josta59 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Em, the hex labels can't be made out at this resolution, even on my big screen.

I'll take the 101st, I suppose. We'll start in the fields north of the road, on the east side of the fields. Put Major Tom near the house (I'm guessing C3?) and Michael to his south (C4?). Tom and Michael will get two squads each stacked in their hexes. Each stack will get a BAR, and Tom's will get the MG.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Sorry...I just realized I was using the wrong photo editor on my Macbook....those were done with Preview. I had downloaded an app called JobsPainter specifically to try and solve that problem :oops: Let's try it this way and see how it works for viewing.

I placed Maj. Tom in Hex C2, with two squads, a BAR, and MG; and Lt. Micahel in Hex C2 with two squads and a BAR. If you'd like them repositioned, let me know.

a101st setup.jpg
101st setup
a101st setup.jpg (520.57 KiB) Viewed 1510 times

West map half...

d101st setup57.jpg
West Map Half
d101st setup57.jpg (542.18 KiB) Viewed 1510 times

Hmmmmmmm...... we may have a problem with this game. I don't know if it's the VASSAL module, but imaging isn't behaving like the Pacific module. I've been trying all kinds of things and nothing is working. How does this look? The problem we'll have with this game is the full screen will look like crap, with unreadable hex coordinates....I'll have to provide close ups with slightly better coordinate resolution.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Perfect so far, thanks.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm following this. (thought you might like to know - you asked about another one) :)

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Duncan wrote:I'm following this. (thought you might like to know - you asked about another one) :)

Refresh my memory, mate....I can't remember what I ate for breakfast! What did I ask for?? Did you want to play a game of LNL... or even take over the SS?

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:47 pm

OK....did some playing around with the settings for the sites' attachment features and I figured out what was wrong. We had basically lost functionality of attachments being able to expand.... kinda like what you see on some sites that use thumbnails that when you click on them, they expand to a full screen picture. We had that kind of functionality previously, but I must own being the one that probably messed that up? ....or it was some default setting that came with this new style skin, and I hadn't noticed?

Whatever....we got the functionality back! This also eliminates my having to post several smaller pics to get less hazy coordinates! ... so, here's a new update map with the 101st Airborne on board.

• Scott, you should be able to click on the image and expand it, and see the coordinates better.
  • Frank, please see the previous post for what forces you have with the 82nd Airborne and place them anywhere within the 2-1/2 hexrows on the west map edge.

Last word of note here: I changed the game from the "Band of Heroes" VASSAL module, to the "VLnL: World Championship" module. The counters are a bit darker, and the map had been spruced up a bit (like better stone walls and wheat fields).

101st Setup.jpg
101st Setup

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:30 am

Whiterook wrote:
Duncan wrote:I'm following this. (thought you might like to know - you asked about another one) :)

Refresh my memory, mate....I can't remember what I ate for breakfast! What did I ask for?? Did you want to play a game of LNL... or even take over the SS?
No request. Just letting you know the thread is of interest to at least me. :)

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 am

Right, I have been really busy for the last couple of days but I am on it now. I will have a quick look (and probably a long think :roll: ) and I will get back to you.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:49 am

Cool, thanks a lot, Em. I was hoping this might improve my recent AARs, which also have big images, but nope. Oh, well.

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”