Tank on Tank: Rematch (SOLO/POLL GAME)

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tank on Tank: Rematch (SOLO/POLL GAME)

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:22 pm

TURN 4, Americans

The Sherman's on Hill H5, Wolverines in Woods I5, and Priest's back in G3 open up on the Panzer IV's in I8 and take them out with withering fire! But, the Germans only got a 2AP lot (after a horrible roll), so care need to be taken to get the most bang for the buck with the remaining AP. That would be pulling the Sherman's in C3 back into the Town of D2.

Turn 4, Americans.png
Turn 4, Americans

Alrighty, then! This is shaping up oddly.... and as a right slugfest!!! I have no idea if it will come down to one side wiping out the other, or the successful holding of two towns; but I have the feeling it may be the latter!!! :shock:
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:39 pm

The weather effect is really fun. Sure would make it hard to complete an objective by a particular turn, though.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:50 pm

josta59 wrote:The weather effect is really fun. Sure would make it hard to complete an objective by a particular turn, though.

Love the weather effect!!! :D This was one of the upgrades to the new 2nd Edition of this game! Got even cooler news.... the 2nd Edition has a Points System!!!! So, we can design our own forces!!!!

josta59

Postby josta59 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Whiterook wrote:
josta59 wrote:The weather effect is really fun. Sure would make it hard to complete an objective by a particular turn, though.

Love the weather effect!!! :D This was one of the upgrades to the new 2nd Edition of this game! Got even cooler news.... the 2nd Edition has a Points System!!!! So, we can design our own forces!!!!

Nice.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:57 pm

TURN 5, Germans

The Tiger platoon on the German left flank moves up to C5, along with a Panzer IV platoon into D4; both platoons firing on the Sherman platoon in the D2 town... and wipes out the US platoon with a full town bombardment.

The Panzer IV HQ platoon D5; the king Tiger platoon to moves to D6 to seek protection behind the sound; and the King Tiger in E8 moves to the woods of F7. The Panzer IV HQ platoon in D5, and the King Tiger platoon in Woods F7 open up on the Pershing platoon on Hill F4... and takes out the US platoon! Pershing's have a high defensive value, but the Germans rolled double-fives!

Turn 5, Germans.png
Turn 5, Germans

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:32 pm

So, here I am.

The American Commander. What do I do?

Somewhat even in strength.

Two major options, as I see it:

1. Play it safe and wait until near Turn 10 to go after the town in E6. Of course, I'd have to not get wiped out or weakened to inability by then. Do I bait the German Commander into coming to me? Why would he!?! The Germans have one of the two VP towns; and are so snuggled up to the other that Hell, they might as well own it! The German Commander has shown he's shrewd as a fox, attacking when best advantaged, and positioning to hold back and let the clock tick out to turn 10.

Or...

2. Go all Patton on him... wheel and punch boldly into the German lines, taking out some of his heavy firepower if I can, and see where Lady Luck stands on it. This #2 is Cold-blooded, man. I mean, send tanks right down the enemy's throat Cold-blooded! Bad-ass. That's why the troops called Patton "Old Blood & Guts"; their blood, is guts.

You all know what I'm gonna do! :lol:

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:04 pm

TURN 5, Americans

HA

You all think you know me sooooooo well! :D HA!

Tanks rumble all over the place the in Northeast quadrant. "Mein Gott!!!!", the Germans tank commanders croak as they look through their field glasses at the wild-assed Americans converging on their lone Kingtiger platoon in the woods of F7. All five platoons of armored DEATH fire at the Kingtiger platoon, and wipe them out 13 Attack to 12 Defense. Phew! A fairly strong roll of still needed all hands firing to just make it (including the -1 for the woods target modifier).

Turn 5, Americans.png
Turn 5, Americans

Moral of the story? If you're going Big Cat hunting, 'ya better have a big-ass gun!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:12 pm

So, here I am.

The German Commander. What do I do?

Bad weather just set in again and all units will only be able to move one.

Crap!

(...to be continued)

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Time to vote!!!!!

Game on hold until voting period concludes. Feel free to comment below on the reasoning behind your strategy choice.

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:12 pm

OMG, THIS is what this forum should be for! Brilliant, Em.

I was confused by the options, since it looks the the US right flank is to the north. But I'd attack there, even though your force is now smaller. The Priests are poorly armored, and when you get your Panzer platoon out of the way you can move your well armored Tigers along the road to take out the Priests and then just worm your way through to gain the upper hand.

You can probably tell I don't read a lot of military history, but I'm a practiced tactician. :D

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”