MWF Chess: Frank (W) vs Whiterook (B)

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MWF Chess: Frank (W) vs Whiterook (B)

Postby Whiterook » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 am

Frank wrote:Thanks mate. I have to say that I only saw that on my final check before I made another move :lol:

Qxb7, check, and I think mate

:lol: Yeah, that would be Checkmate! :D :oops: :?: :D

Well, that fell apart quickly for me, hahaha! Two glorious moves Frank... and how they were made is not the important thing; that they were made is (sounded profound, didn't it!?!). You really are a great Chess player, my friend. You have no idea how much I wish we lived in the same town, and could meet at the park for several great games and jawing every week!

I really like how tense this game was. I apologize for the length, though....wrist blew out on me from work; and then my sacroiliac (which I had no idea was there); and the chaos of the new site build. This definitely will go down in the Annuls as the longest Chess game I've ever played in!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:07 am

It takes two to make a game this tense mate, you are no slouch yourself :D I think we very likely set a new record for the most moves without actually taking anything. :lol:

It would be good to actually meet up for a game, though we don`t have the tables in parks that you do for some reason. So, as we can`t do that do you fancy a chance for some payback when the new site is up and running?
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:35 am

Yes, absolutely would love another (and more) Chess match(s). I've been wanting to start new games here, but it just makes more sense to hold off until the new site is up and running.

Yeah, to me, there's such magic to playing Chess outdoors in the fresh air...in the good weather, of course. The major cities here in the States (New York, Boston, San Francisco, etc.) have wonderful stone Chess tables in parks, which can sometimes be tough to find a seat at; which I think i's awesome actually, as in today's computer world, it's a wonder young people still have an interest in such things as a Chess game in the park!

Smaller cites and towns can have them too, but more than likely it's a picnic bench with your own board. I bought one of those roll out chess mats years ago, and a standard weighted chess set...just bought a new travel (competition style) bag last year; and it's great to bring the game outside. found this wonderful spot out by a Reservoir 5 minutes from my house (it's many miles long, that covers nearly the length top to bottom of Massachusetts, called the Quabbin https://www.mass.gov/locations/quabbin-reservoir, that feeds water to Boston) that has a great spot by one of the dams. Great big picnic table...between trees...great spot!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”