ToT: Cats on the Prowl (Frank v. Scott)

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

ToT: Cats on the Prowl (Frank v. Scott)

Postby Whiterook » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:34 pm

OK....rematch! This time, Frank will play the Soviets, and Scott the Germans.

Eastern Front: A frozen hell for the Germans. The weather has been horrific for a week, but the snows have let up and the cats are on the prowl!

The Soviets setup first; the Germans move first.

Soviets:
  • Three T-34 HQ's; three T-34's; T-34/85; Katyusha rocket-chucka.
  • Deploy three units in or within one hex of each of these hexes: A4, J1, and/or Q4.

Germans:
  • Panther HQ; Tiger; two Panthers; Puma; a choice of a Tiger or Panther.
  • One ACE marker can be placed on any one unit.
  • Deploy in or within one hex of D9 and/or N9.

Special Rules:
The German Ace can also activate friendly pieces for movement as if it were an HQ unit (6.1). It cannot be returned to play through promotion (6.2)

The German player receives one Airstrike (10.3) during play, anytime beginning on Turn 3.

Victory:
If either player destroys all enemy units, he wins; otherwise, the player who controls two of these hexes (D3, J3, L5) at the end of Turn 10 wins. All town hexes begin the game under Soviet control.

Cats setup.jpg

Frank, let me know where you want your forces setup, per above.
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: ToT: Cats on the Prowl (Frank v. Scott)

Postby Frank » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Ok, I`ll have a think and get back to you.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 am

Scot,

I have been trying to get round to this but life just keeps getting in the way. We are going on holiday for a couple of weeks so is it ok if we can leave it until after we get back.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

josta59

Postby josta59 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:15 am

Sure, totally cool. Thanks.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Right, I am back. A bit jetlagged after 5 hours of driving, which did not help when the boiler did not seem to want to work, hopefully we have got it working now though there is a possibilty that it now has two settings, too hot and too cold :roll: . We both have medical stuff going on early week but I should soon be able to set up my armoured speedbumps.
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”