WWII in ASLSK Format #1

Come and Play in Head-to-Head & Team Wargames!

Moderators: 50th, josta59

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WWII in ASLSK Format #1

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Good to see this start again! I have to admit that even with my limited Starter Kit #1 experience, I was really at a loss at strategy here :D ...and overwhelmed. I think for me, I'd like to see how you finish this solo, and he reasoning behind the moves. I'd love to see others comment and suggest moves, and maybe throw some out there myself from time to time.

I have to say that seeing each game played always helps me understand the game more. That's incredibly valuable.
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm pretty sure the Axis will win this one. Those guns are getting lucky. The Polish officer cadets need to rely on good cover and hit them when they get close. Save the demo charges for fighting in the building so as not to expose themselves.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Duncan wrote:I'm pretty sure the Axis will win this one. Those guns are getting lucky. The Polish officer cadets need to rely on good cover and hit them when they get close. Save the demo charges for fighting in the building so as not to expose themselves.

That pretty much sums up what I'd come to suspect after getting on early into this scenario. Originally, I'd thought maybe I could fend off a direct attack while I figured out interior placement and defenses, but the PO was hammered hard and quick on, and I was floundering for strategy to salvage. I'd also suspected all along that the demo charges would come in late in play but I was in no real hope of winning this with attrition against the onslaught.
'Rommel...you Magnificent Bastard...I read your book!" - Gen. Patton

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 pm

It's not looking good for the Polish officer cadets. They missed an easy shot on the SS and cowered shooting at the police. Their biggest chance will be in using the two demolition charges as the Axis troops enters the post office.

Duncan

Postby Duncan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Return to “MWF Play-by-Post Wargames”