Saab J35F/J Draken in 1/48 by Hasegawa

Member's Modeling Build Logs

Moderator: Geek44

Geek44
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Saab J35F/J Draken in 1/48 by Hasegawa

Postby Geek44 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:00 am

My build is much as I've left it. I've shelved it and I'm now most of the way through an Eduard Mig-21R Profipack in 1/48. Just applying the forty million stencil decals now. I'll resume the Draken soon...especially with those GREAT links you posted there, the seatbelt arrangement is far clearer in your photos that in Aires' instructions. Thanks for the links...very useful.
Every part a masterpiece.

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Ah, there we can speak awesome models. Eduards MiG-21 models is among the best out there any subject!
Reality - The worst game ever!

Geek44
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Geek44 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:11 am

Yeah it's a good one. A real eye opener for me. Here was I thinking modern aviation would be "simple" somehow. Especially after building Wingnuts Triplane. Nooo...it's a whole new ballgame and a new set of skill to work on.

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:13 pm

A MiG is never a dull subject as there's just a few other subjects out there that is even sexier when we speak mid to late cold war birds. To mention some of the subjects except MiG's that is there at the top. Phantom II, F-104 Starfighter, BAC Lightning, SAAB Fpl 35 and SAAB Fpl 37. And here's two that almost qualifies, Mirage III & F-8 Crusader.

Early to mid Cold War birds, well there's still MiG among the lot together with SAAB Fpl 29, F-86 Sabre, F-100 Super Sabre, Super Mystére and F-4D Skyray.

So you see mate that there's quite a lot of interesting hair dryers out there. But for me it sort of end in the 90's as the newer birds just don't do it for me.

But on the whole I'd say that birds with a cooling fan in front or back is far more interesting, especially with both (Dornier Do 335 anyone?). Other than that it's also common there that the birds have birds on 'em to make 'em complete!
Reality - The worst game ever!

Geek44
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Geek44 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:12 am

I hear you. The earlier jet aircraft are kinda cool until they all started looking the same...which is understandable I guess. Having said that, piston aircraft are my favourites by far.

Return to “Follow As I Build”