Pathfinders - Leonardo DaVinci's Catapult

Member's Modeling Build Logs

Moderator: Geek44

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Pathfinders - Leonardo DaVinci's Catapult

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Following my Doctors advice, he told me to push myself in any activity to push the boundaries of my vertigo thats is associated with my Menieres disease. So i decided to get back into modeling for one of the therapies. [toying with the little parts and concentrating on them after a few minutes gives me vertigo] I have a ton of kits lying around, but i wanted to try something small, simple and relatively quick for my first build. While perusing my local Hobby Lobby shelves one day i stumbled across Pathfinders - Leonardo DaVinci's Catapult. I snatched it up at once.

Without further ado, here we go -

First let me introduce you all to my two little monsters. They try to prevent me from doing what ever im doing, Playing boardgames. Typing on the PC, running the sweeper & now building models. When almost finished with the project, Chuck spilled my whole can of stain on the floor. Thank goodness we are replacing the carpet in the front room soon!

Chuck is on the left, Sam on the right -

All the parts laid out -

Gear assembly. The one pin hole wasnt drilled straight. The only problem i had with the whole model. A simple fix with the dremel tool.
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Pathfinders - Leonardo DaVinci's Catapult

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Frame assembly -

Gear & its support posts added -

Reinforcement posts assembled -
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Gear release post assembled -

Gear release post & its "Rope" added to model -

Tension arms added -

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Cradle & cradle arm added to model -

Model completed and cranked up ready to fire! -

My choice of stain -

Finished with staining. Still alittle wet but you get the idea. I may go back for another coat depending on how this looks when its dried for 24 hours. -

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:49 pm

All in all im happy with it. It was a simple fun and quick build and most importantly, it gave me the fever again!

Ill be going back to Hobby Lobby and getting the other Davinci models. This was fun and will look cool displayed in the livingroom.

[Oh, and i forgot to add this thing fires the clay balls ammo that comes with it a good 20 yards! lol I took it outside and it blew my mind how far it shot. I can only imagine how far the real thing threw a stone!]

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Great looking model! I'm glad you found something you enjoyed working on, both for your health and to get back into a great hobby.

BTW, I'm not sure I trust the cat on the left! :D

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:19 am

Thanks Hagen. Yes Chuck is a handful. Always causin trouble, but hes too cute to get mad at lol.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 am

Nice buyild, and have you "opened fire yet" on your pussy cat, just to make sure your siege engine works now!!...... LOL

Cheers

Tom

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Just you ignore Tom, he is a very bad man :shock:

Your two assistants are beautiful, we are cat people as well.

Good looking catapault as well, glad to hear it kickstarted an old hobby.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

KG_Panzerschreck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby KG_Panzerschreck » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 pm

I always was a dog guy. These are my first cats. I just got them a month and a half ago because our new house had a mouse problem. They are funny little characters to be sure. A constant source of entertainment.

In the spring we plan on getting the dog ive wanted since i was a boy, a St. Bernard.

Return to “Follow As I Build”