"Mop-up", Lock 'N Load Tactical

1905 - 1945 AD

Moderators: MAGNA, Frizzenspark

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Mop-up", Lock 'N Load Tactical

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:27 pm

I decided I just needed to slam some infantry into infantry and started a random scenario of just grabbing counters and slapping them down on the board, and a basic VC of see who survives the bloodbath! :shock:

Not always the best way to play a game, but the beer is helping! :lol: :D

image.jpeg

The idea behind the scenario is, German units...mostly Wehrmacht, but a few SS that were n the area and put into action, are defending a small town north of Foy and Bastogne.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

American infantry are advancing on their position from the north, along the Houffalize Road....

image.jpeg

And 101st Airborne units coming in frm the Bourcy Road in support....

image.jpeg

American units slowly move in, using cover as best as possible and start to get ready to get into the meat grinder!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Mop-up", Lock 'N Load Tactical

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:28 pm

German High Command goes on Ultra Alert!

image.jpeg

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Bullets ring out innto the cold December air, as German units in the eastern part of town notices the American 101st edging towards the cover of buildings on the German flank. German Lt. Baumann, with three squads and MG42's open fire and just SLAM into Lt. Michael and his three squads...all are Shaken by the murderous stacato of the MG42 machinegus and spot-on rifle fire; two squds take heavy casualties :shock: and are reduced to half squads. :o

image.jpeg

Dang....that was just Turn 1!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:47 pm

Time for the Heavy Artillery!

image.jpeg

Crown Royal...a nice shot...and a chaser of Crown and Schweppes. I have no idea of who's going to survive this! :?:

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:53 pm

OK...Americans get Initiative. THANK GOD! I mean, talk aboout yourr skivvys flappin' in the wind!

Lt. Michael lucks out BIGtime by Rallying! Phew. That deserves a drink!

My nifty new dice, by the way!!! :D 12-sided double dice...

image.jpeg

The first, full squad rallies; but the other two half squads don't. Given that result, Michael's pulls them back 50 meters, in cover of the building in hex AA12.

image.jpeg

They also benefit from a little degradig terrain of the Light woods in AA12, in case the germans get frisky.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Oh man, this is getting ugly!!! german Sgt. Baumann opens up on American Infantry Maj. Desobrey and shakes the whole stack, reducing all squads to half squads. This is Devasting! Granted the squads have horrible morale, being non-elite units, but just crippling fire against them.

I made the Germans way too powerful, with support weapons that are just killing (literally) the Americans....who are being hammered and pushed back.

image.jpeg

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:38 pm

American Lt. Lewis fired on German Wehrmacht Lt. Herzner and men, to absolutely no effect, only to face return fire that demolished them to Shaken and casualties to half squads! :shock:

image.jpeg

The Americans are bing butchered, and the Germans aren't even being scratched. Time to call this one. Whereas theoretically, there could have been German forces of that strencgth and position in or around the Battle of the Bulge, this is just too painful to continue; even to see what would happen.

My American units were effectively repelled and hammered to reduceed efficiency to the point that even with successful rally attempts, they just don't possess the firepower to do anything but get more heavy casualties.

The regular infantry was having a hard enough hill climb, but this is just elevating it to suicidal. As a commander, I'm pulling them all out.

Ouch!

Return to “World War Era”