Ancients - The rise of Rome - or will it start flat ?

1200 BC - 534 AD

Moderators: MAGNA, Frizzenspark

Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Ancients - The rise of Rome - or will it start flat ?

Postby MAGNA » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:07 am

Nail biter is a good description for a lot of these encounters. You can't rely on certain units doing exactly what
you want. This is realistic for a start. The other factors are the adds and minuses that decide how many dice
you roll and what numbers you need.

This all works quite well though at times some rules can be hard to decipher. That isn't unusual either and once
decided that is the way it happens. At this stage we haven't had many of these games so there have been a few
breaks as we look up definitions etc. The rule book has a lot of pictures to show examples of what happens.
This is a big requirement when you look for a more complex set of rules. As we all know a picture is worth a
thousand words.

If you get the chance to learn these rules I would recommend it as there are also a lot of add ons such as army
types for different periods. The rules also fit for dark ages and medieval gaming which gives you one workable
set for three different periods.
My get up and go never got here in the first place

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ancients - The rise of Rome - or will it start flat ?

Postby Whiterook » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Great to follow along on thi one...thanks for the great SitReps! I dearly want to play this era and well as ACW in the future; I've never had a chance to get into this type of game. Love the scale....I definitely have to look into the chariots of the Zvezda line....had the urge to build a hippodrome for years :D

50th just posted some cool chariot pics in another thread....I asked him to start a thread based on them in the Masters Gallery so I can discuss.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Ancients”