Moderator: Frank

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Maze Runner

Postby Whiterook » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm currently reading The Maze Runner

image.jpg

A young boy named Thomas wakes up in a box...and elevator that lifts him up into 'The Glade'...a square compound-like settlement of young boys. They are basically, all trapped there...outside the tall-walled compound is the Maze; filled with terrifying mysteries, and deadly. Every day, the walls open, and 'Runners' try to map the maze to figure out a way out...but it apparently changes, and getting back into the compound isn't a guarantee!

Very "Lord of the Fly's"!

I just started and it's very good. It's coming out in a few weeks as a major motion picture so, I'm going to try and finish it by then :D

image.jpg
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Maze Runner

Postby Frank » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Sounds interesting, there are a lot of these "young adult" books out these days and a lot of them are quite good. Certainly better than the ones I grew up with. Looks like its part of a trilogy, look forward to your thoughts on the other two.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Civie Books”