ELizabeth Moon`s Vatta`s War books.

Non-Military Books Discussion

Moderator: Frank

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ELizabeth Moon`s Vatta`s War books.

Postby Frank » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:57 pm

I am half way through book 4 of this five book series and I am really enjoying them.

http://www.goodreads.com/series/41099-vatta-s-war

I usually hate comparisons between other books and authers thinking that is a lazy (and quite often wrong) way of doing things, but, having said that, these are so like a lot of Ann McCaffery`s books it is hard to tell the difference.Strong female characters growing and evolving as the series goes on.

Don`t expect hard science fiction, these are more what used to be described as space opera, basically a western set in space, but very good for a light fun read.

Just one thing, there are two printings, one UK and one US?, they have different titles, and to read the backs a completely different plot, I did not realise and as a result have two copies of book three. :roll:
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ELizabeth Moon`s Vatta`s War books.

Postby Whiterook » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Interesting on the two versions, but it sounds like a good read! I like those space opera deals....that's kinda what that Far From Home series was like that I just finished.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Return to “Civie Books”