Under the Dome

Non-Military Books Discussion

Moderator: Frank

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Under the Dome

Postby Whiterook » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 pm

I'm currently reading Under the Dome by Stephen King.

image.jpg
image.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 607 times

It's a HUGE book, and soooooo different plot-wise from the TV show. I am approaching the half-way point of this almost 3 inch thick monster of a read and am enjoying it, though I've always had a little bit of a problem with King's style of language...but I can look past that because of the great plot.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

McCoy

Re: Under the Dome

Postby McCoy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:38 pm

I must say that it shows that this is an old King book. He started writing this one long before most of his other books and then put it aside up 'til a couple of years ago when he dusted it off and re-wrote it and finished it. That's actually a good thing as he does what he do best in this book, namely building up various characters along the way and creating a book with a multifaceted range of various characters and plots in the main plot. In my mind among his best books.
Reality - The worst game ever!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:11 pm

I had loaned the book to a friend, and his wife read it with great enthusiasm! In the meantime, I found a hard cover 1st Edition at an antiqyes shop of all places, and scooped it up for a great price.... so it will go on my 2016 list of reads :D

In the book, I got as far as Junior's killing his femme du interest! It was much more bloody and insane than the TV show's version, LOL! I'll start it from scratch again when I do start it again.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

McCoy

Postby McCoy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:09 am

That's good!
Reality - The worst game ever!

Return to “Civie Books”