Against the Odds, wargaming magazine

Military & Wargaming Magazines and e-zines

Moderator: Frank

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Against the Odds, wargaming magazine

Postby Whiterook » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm

I had bought the second edition of Lock 'N Load: Band of Heroes for myself this past Christmas......no halos on the center dots, corrected counters, improved scenarios, and version 3 rules.....and a little postcard came with the boxed game included in the packing, which is actually a very small game! Pretty cool idea, really. Anyway, it was from the folks at ATOMAGAZINE, and I remembered I saw these folks a long time ago. Thought I'd re-check it out....

http://www.atomagazine.com/index.cfm

It's expensive....I'll tell you that right up front. Actually, it was the price that originally turned me off to the publication and I never followed through with a subscription. Currenty, it's $70 for a standard, and $100 for a Deluxe subscription to US residents...and that's for 4 issues. A lot of money. It also covers all eras.

Take a look and see!

To whet your appetite, from the site....

"Each issue of ATO features:

Informative and insightful articles showcasing the history behind events, plus regular columns by noted game designers providing insight on the latest trends and events.

A challenging, fun wargame that drops the players into truly desperate situations but gives them multiple options to alter history.

Professionally printed graphics, complete with large playing map and 200 to 360 die cut playing pieces.

And much more! Look for Against the Odds to cover simulation design issues, order of battle research, rule writing, play testing and graphic techniques as it evolves. Get yourself truly "connected" with games and gaming by subscribing to Against the Odds!"
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Duncan

Re: Against the Odds, wargaming magazine

Postby Duncan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:17 am

I'll be playing The Gap at Falaise solo tomorrow and face to face next week. I also have Meatgrinder. TGaF looks very fiddly but the system is novel.

Return to “Rags & Mags”