Military & Wargaming Magazines and e-zines

Moderator: Frank

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Comic Books

Postby Whiterook » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:25 pm

I must confess, I love comic books!!! :D

Though I don't find myself buying them these days....the last ones being the Babylon 5 series back in the 90's....I could easily see myself being addicted to them again very easily. As a kid, I bought some almost weekly.

These days, I find myself wanting to get back into the Batman saga. There's a book called "The Batman Files" that chronicles the Caped Crusader in a real cool way, and though it currently runs about $100 (since it's out of print), I'll probably try to wangle it somehow, someday; but for me, the comics are still where it's at!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

josta59

Re: Comic Books

Postby josta59 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:17 pm

You're not alone, sir. I took a break from reading through the entire comic history of the Marvel character Havok to read every Tank Girl story I could get my hands on. And last year I finished reading the entire run of Marvel's G.I. Joe comics from the '80s and '90s. I get pretty nerdy about my comic reading.

Also, I've paid for NONE OF THIS. ZERO. Arr, I loves me innernet.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:54 pm

josta59 wrote:You're not alone, sir. I took a break from reading through the entire comic history of the Marvel character Havok to read every Tank Girl story I could get my hands on. And last year I finished reading the entire run of Marvel's G.I. Joe comics from the '80s and '90s. I get pretty nerdy about my comic reading.

Also, I've paid for NONE OF THIS. ZERO. Arr, I loves me innernet.

Very cool!!! Any sites you can recommend?

josta59

Postby josta59 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:07 pm

For free comics? Filestube.com is where it's at. I've seen nothing else like it...not that I've looked. Search and destroy, my friend.
"...military glory, that attractive rainbow that rises in showers of blood—that serpent's eye that charms to destroy..." --Abraham Lincoln, 1848

Gunny0231
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Gunny0231 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:18 pm

I grew up with Sergeant Rock and Easy Company along with The Ghost Tank. Would wait a month for the new ones: the drug store would sell the older ones at half price! 12 cents to six was a REAL bargain to kids back then!
On average it took five Panthers to take out a Sherman. Four would be in a ditch out of fuel or broken down, the fifth one just blows away the Sherman before catching fire by itself.

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Same her, but I have to say I never heard of Ghost Tank....gotta look that up!

Return to “Rags & Mags”