Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:32 am

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps

Postby Frank » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:40 am

If they were sat in a concert hall somewhere they would be a pretty damn good band, the fact that they are playing while doing a complicated choreography at the time is incredible.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Frank wrote:If they were sat in a concert hall somewhere they would be a pretty damn good band...

There is a group called "Blast!" that developed from the drum & bugle corps activity, that played in concert halls, including many shows in London a decade ago....

http://blasttheshow.com

Frank wrote: ...the fact that they are playing while doing a complicated choreography at the time is incredible.

True than! Most major drum corps march consistently at what would be 'fast walking to small jog' to the exercise enthusiast. They are true athletes in every respect. Of course in my marching days, we did so in full thick wool West Point uniforms!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:24 pm

2014 Encore performance...no marching; just park and bark, baby!

http://youtu.be/sZY02rsst5Y

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frank » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Whiterook wrote:. Of course in my marching days, we did so in full thick wool West Point uniforms!

We had it hard in our day didn`t we, kids these days don`t know they are born, do they? :lol:

Have to say that I prefer the effect that a full big band gives you but they are good.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

Return to “Juke Box”