TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Non- War game sub-forums please.....??

Postby TRDG » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Another thought bud, how about a couple sub-forums for

1. Non war net games sub-forum

2. Non war/tv/movie/ sub-forum

So we expand the site topics to be a bit broader and easier to sort war type topics and the ones that are not.

Cheers, the canteen forum is ok for this but could get lost in the shuffle in the long run I think. Lots of "non war" shows and games topics me thinks once we all get going here. Just a thought for you to ponder on, we don't need it this second or anything.

Now if I was talking about a chat room now.... Ha Ha Ha!! ;) I'd like to see that "soonisher"!! :twisted:

Any other thoughts to this TCG members? If so then post away!!

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Non- War game sub-forums please.....??

Postby Chrisd » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:43 am

Tom this site is pretty much for wargames and stuff. but its not a bad idea but also isn't the canteen the same thing for what you are suggesting?
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:37 am

Not really as once we get a few more threads up you have to wade through topics in specific forums and IF a new site is a bit more diversified, others may be more interested in joining. As most people have a lot of movie/TV/series shows they get into as well as games they may play, be it a War Game or not.

Cheers, I've noticed this from over at ACG and The Zone from all the time I have spent there over the years. :idea: A nice, clean and well organized site draws more people than ones who have to wade around for what they are interested in, in my experience anyways.

I'm sure others may have a different opinion, but I think this is worth a discussion. I can see many HBO and other cable series and movies being talked about let alone straight tv shows. And I know that an RPG game might tickle yours, Double Deuces and me, (LOL) if we get one up and running...
Plus my Berayal at Hill on the House game me thinks, not war games per say, as well as the Pirates game we are playing now!!.... LOL

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 pm

I tend to side with Chris with this one at the moment.....I can see your point of wanting to attract a wider audience, but we are also so new and so small right now, I see it as critical to first establish out *identity* first, before attempting to diversify into too much non-wargaming jabber. This is not to say it's not a good idea....just that I'm not so sure it's not a tad premature.

Games are perhaps a different matter, and requires greater thought in my view.

The staff here, small though it is at the moment :lol: agree that right now, lets stick with attracting wargamers....and staying on topic of said for now and grow our core membership, which is wargamers.

Please feel free to wade in on the discussion all.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:25 am

Got it and thanks for posting your thoughts, as I did my friend.

On the types of net games run I guess wait and see what we all run and play here, then go from there.

I do plan to rn some "regular" board games, and an RPG if I could (at some point), DD and Chris like these kinds of games, no idea if others do, but we shall find out!!

Cheers

Tom

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 am

yeah yeah yeah yeah... rpg's and DnD fun stuff yep yep!
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:55 am

Yep, and I beleave Frank gets into these as well.

Cheers, so many games I'm running and playing in and so little time to start new ones, as of yet..... :lol:

Now if we could find an RPG WW II net game to run and play sometime........ :twisted:

Tom

Hagen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagen » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 am

I agree with Emery, that at the moment anyway, lets concentrate on wargames and wargamers at the present.

But, down the road who knows. A change of pace can be a good thing. As some here know, one of my other hobbies is armor models, love building the beasties! However at the moment I have a U-boat on my hobby table. Just needed something different.

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Being a war-gamer, I agree with WR that this should be primarily a war-gaming forum. There are other forums for RPG's like D&D.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Site Suggestions”