Any way to.....

Suggestions for Improving the Site

Moderator: Whiterook

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Any way to.....

Postby TRDG » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:40 am

Get the actual topic in the "last post" head line to the right on the main page, not just who posted last?

Cheers, that should make your new site shine even better my friend!!

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any way to.....

Postby Whiterook » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:59 pm

Good suggestion!

I agree, and I had noticed that too as well, as have a few other forum admins on other sites. Checking into it, I see that it has been addressed with an update by the development team and is awaiting testing and approval before beng released. Stay tuned :)
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 pm

COOL, thank you sir and I'll await developements!!

Cheers

Tom

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:57 am

Any news yet, perhaps an E-Mail to them to know some of us are still waiting on this if you would.

Cheers

Thanks

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:49 pm

TRDG wrote:Any news yet, perhaps an E-Mail to them to know some of us are still waiting on this if you would.

Cheers

Thanks

Tom

I've researched it.....and found what they call 'Mods' that can make happen what we are talking here. The problem is, it requires uploading a BUNCH of HTML code to the sites' files on the server. In other words, a LOT of coding. The problem with this is, I can really screw up the site VERY badly if I do it wrong. Ths is a bit above my pay grade at the moment.

For now, at least you have a little icon in the "Last Post" column in the bottom right of the data there, which wehn clicked, brings you to the ast post. Not ieal, but it works.

This is actually a huge topic in the phpBB3 community, as the debate revolves around "clutter". Many feel that this clutters the page. I don't agree. However, I do agree that it clutters the base code on the server. These Mods are huge, and complex. Unfortunately, phpBB3 could make this a clickable feature for the Admin in the control panel I have available....but it is they who support the 'too cluttered' theory. Until they change 9and all indications are, they won't) their view on this and make it an option for forum admins, then the admin is required to massage the code. Not a good solution for me at this stage.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sat May 07, 2011 7:45 am

OUCH, sounds like a real pain, so I won't expect this to happen in the near, or far future it seems.

Thats to bad but hopefully something will come up so the option comes up

Cheers, thanks for the reply and specific info bud!!

Tom

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat May 07, 2011 3:13 pm

TRDG wrote:OUCH, sounds like a real pain, so I won't expect this to happen in the near, or far future it seems.

Thats to bad but hopefully something will come up so the option comes up

Cheers, thanks for the reply and specific info bud!!

Tom

Near future is debateable.....there is a lot of bitching going on n the phpBB community boards for this type of functionality. It remains to be seen if the phpBB guru's bless us with this at some point.

Thanks for understanding.

Return to “Site Suggestions”