Critique TCG: 2011

Suggestions for Improving the Site

Moderator: Whiterook

Site Structire Poll: 2011

Poll ended at Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 pm

I like the looks of the site and wouldn't change a thing
7%
I like the looks of the site, but it could be better (explain)
14%
I don't like the looks of the site (explain)
No votes
I like the Boards of the site and wouldn't change a thing
14%
I like the Boards of the site, but it could be better (explain)
7%
The site is unique and different than any other forum of the subject
14%
This site is like all the others
No votes
This site is a "Favorites" destination
21%
I want more games played in The War Room
14%
I'd like to GM host a game but don't know how
7%

Total votes: 14

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Critique TCG: 2011

Postby Whiterook » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I am always interested in keeping the site user-friendly and fresh, and the forums' look and feel has stayed pretty consistant since it's birth a short 9-months ago. We've made a few additions, we've increased security and endeavored diligently to make this a No-Spam-Zone. I wanted this site to be about wargaming, and things that inspire us to be wargamers, and it has stayed true to the task.

I have high hopes for a stronger 2012, with a bigger membership and lively threads.

I humbly ask all the membership to spread the word of TCG's existance....let your friends and forum-mates know we're here and growing, and would love to have even more wargamers sign aboard.

We are now approaching the end of the year in just a week's time, and I'd like to make an annual habit of doing a "pulse-check". This is your opportunity to speak up and let me know what you think (constructively); what you like and don't like; what you'd like to see more of; and very important....why you stayed.

I am also attaching a brief poll to this thread. I've enabled multiple choices, so you can click as many as you want. Please elaborate further in a post however, so I can get a true picture of your thoughts.

Thank you for taking some time with this!!!
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Frank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Critique TCG: 2011

Postby Frank » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I think the site as it is is pretty good, some of the idea`s that have been put forward are worth thinking about and could improve it.

I would like to see more games played and more people involved in them, also I would like to try running one myself but DO NOT have the tech skills needed, I am operating at the extreme edge of my ability just being here, something I am going to change in 12.

The main reason I have stayed is simple, the rest of you. A great bunch of people.

Frank
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check.But that is not what I have found, it is the small everyday acts of normal folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."
Gandalf the Grey

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:14 am

Nice poll and well thought out Em, good job!! Most of my comments are in that other 'secret" thread. But I will say that I would like to see more games, and kinds of games being run and played as time goes on.

I'll echo those thoughts of frank, I like it here because of the company we keep and I am always willing to welcome any new members no matter what interest they have in gaming in general, be it casual or like us and a bit more into it, at times. LOL

My "ideal" for a site is that it would have a variety of games to choose from to play, I would like one that is quick play, say a couple posts/decisions/fairly easy to play/run per week.

Another one that is intermediate say one post a week but have to think about things a bit more and have a bit more meat on it.

And the final one a longer campaign that may be slow but is evolving to each and every move/action one makes.

Cheers, and have a more dibversified member base and more numbers of, naturally!!

Tom

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:11 pm

I like the site, but voted that there is something that could be changed. I would like to see more game related graphics, maybe at the top or bottom of the page. I don't know, just seems a little plain to me. Wouldn't change the boards though.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Site Suggestions”