Game Photo Gallery

Suggestions for Improving the Site

Moderator: Whiterook

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Game Photo Gallery

Postby 50th » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:44 am

How about a game photo gallery? We could post pictures of some of our favorite games being played, or favorite scenarios, to show off our games and playing ability! I just thought about it as I went online to BGG and posted a picture to their gallery.
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Game Photo Gallery

Postby Whiterook » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:01 pm

50th wrote:How about a game photo gallery? We could post pictures of some of our favorite games being played, or favorite scenarios, to show off our games and playing ability! I just thought about it as I went online to BGG and posted a picture to their gallery.

Two things on that:

1. A photo gallery in a forum is actually something called a MOD....it's actualy computer programing n the sites' files and HTML in order to create a "holding pen" for all those pics to go, and programing to file and organize them for retieval. Very complex stuff above my pay-grade. Then, there has to be space on the server for all those pictures. That's why I encourage the members' use of photo-sharing services such as PhotoBucket, Flikr, etc.....because when you use the ATTACHMENT feature here on the site, the pics are being stored on my server space, which in time, will increase the annual cost I pay to have this site up.

2. We already have it! :D
Parade Ground section --> Member's Gallery, which I've personally been meaning to give some love to with pics of my gear.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Game Photo Gallery

Postby TRDG » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:41 am

Good try again 50th, good to see ideas being posted regardless!!

Cheers, keep on thinking and posting!!

Tom

Return to “Site Suggestions”