Thoughts on (sorry guys) another game sub forum perhaps.....

Suggestions for Improving the Site

Moderator: Whiterook

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Thoughts on (sorry guys) another game sub forum perhaps.

Postby TRDG » Sun May 08, 2011 6:39 am

Yes, IF in fact it (the net game) gets kicks off, from the interest the new sub-forum specific net game thread generates. Or NOT if no interst is seen, by posts and questons/replies to said net game topic.

And just because TCG members now are not interested in playing the net game in the near future, perhaps new members later on might be and the thread is still there for further comments as needed.

Cheers, some net games will die in this new forum and others will gather interest so it would be worth a "call for players" thread in the logistsics forum, then the main game thread in our other sub-forum to play it. I do expect big things here once we get going on more than a couple games being played here!! Ha Ha Ha

Tom
Last edited by TRDG on Sun May 08, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun May 08, 2011 6:42 am

Chrisd wrote:yeah but steel panthers is truly an internet game and can't be done like board games. I can do Battletech on here because it is a board game.

Actually Chris if it is a computer game, you can just use a screen capturing system to play the games on the net, just like my Combat Mission game over at The Zone.

An easy to use and free one is Faststone capture!!

Cheers

Tom

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Sun May 08, 2011 11:27 am

Now that I checked the game section more closely isn't the Logistics Center pretty much being used for this purpose?

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun May 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Double Deuce wrote:Now that I checked the game section more closely isn't the Logistics Center pretty much being used for this purpose?

Well, yes and no.

I used it for my Call for Players thread for my White Star Rising game, because I felt it fit best in there.

However, the real purpose of that board is for logistics threads on games being played: Such as Q & A threads; player's side discussion threads; for some games, act as an Orders thread; or similar.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sun May 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Now that I get the gist of what you were getting at Tom, this is indeed a great idea. I see the value of not only enabling you to guage the interest in types of games and formats for members to play here, and also a being a one-stop-board for Call fo Players threads; but ......

I am also expanding it to include Playtesting, which will be a place we can test out shortened versions of games either to guage interest, or ones we have in development that may not necessarily be ready for Prime Time Viewing, so to speak.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Mon May 09, 2011 3:54 am

Love the name and the extra topics in the new sub-thread, just need some mention of Prospective net games on TCG I think.

Cheers, I pmed you a couple threads that need to go there Em.

Tom

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

So when I am comfortable and ready to run Battletech on here I can use A51 to see about players?
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Mon May 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Chrisd wrote:So when I am comfortable and ready to run Battletech on here I can use A51 to see about players?

Yup....you can place a "Call for Players" thread there; and/or a small playtest game there to see the viability (or your comfort level with pulling off what you have in mind)....kinda a test-bed, if you will. It is also a place to ask members what their interest would be in playing in such a game.

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Tue May 10, 2011 3:54 am

Chrisd wrote:So when I am comfortable and ready to run Battletech on here I can use A51 to see about players?

I'd start a basic thread on the game you plan to play in the future in Area 51, with as little or as much info on the game, number of players needed at a minimum to play, then perhaps a date you might want to run it by.

Then see how many members here respond, I'm sure 50th would get into it as he plays this game as well I think.

Then once you feel you got enough interest and replies, start a new thread in 51 for players to sign up. IF you DON"T get enough interest then that is as far as the net game goes, at least for now anyways.

Once you get enough players to play the game, then as needed put a threat in the logistics forum if you need it, perhaps one for each faction or something if you run it that way.

Then put the main game thread you will all play on in the War Room forum then you are ready to go.

Cheers, see The Zones Game Den as well to get some ideas as well from the games we have run there.

Tom

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Tue May 10, 2011 8:04 am

Oh yeah! Just this week I've dusted my B-tech books off and cracked the covers once again! I played a game Friday with a friend to teach him, and I started a thread on the zone. Check it out!
"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Return to “Site Suggestions”