Thoughts on (sorry guys) another game sub forum perhaps.....

Suggestions for Improving the Site

Moderator: Whiterook

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Thoughts on (sorry guys) another game sub forum perhaps.....

Postby TRDG » Sat May 07, 2011 7:55 am

Might anyone like a subforum with respective net games/ideas that we could/might play here in the future?

So members might see what they may like to play here, in the future, or not, if no interst is shown. And let us as GM's get the feel of what people here might like to play in the days, months and years ahead of us.

General discussion is OK, but it might draw more interest if there is a specific forum one can look at from a glance, and comment/post on when one of us has an idea on a new net game they may want to run or play here at TCG.

I have the Weird Wars thread
A Tide of Iron thread posted soon as well by me

Chris I think has an idea for his mech game perhaps played here

DD has his Steel Panthers thread

So thats a couple threads at least in the making of this new sub-forum.... :P

Thoughts TCGers please?

Tom

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Thoughts on (sorry guys) another game sub forum perhaps.

Postby Chrisd » Sat May 07, 2011 10:30 am

yeah but steel panthers is truly an internet game and can't be done like board games. I can do Battletech on here because it is a board game.
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

50th
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby 50th » Sat May 07, 2011 12:12 pm

I would like Battletech! I could do my Quick War game here as well, someday. Quick War is what I call my rules for using 1:144 minis that I bought at Wal-Mart, and I added 1:144 infantry as well.

"It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat May 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Sorry....I may just be totally bured out from travelling, but I'm having a hard time decipherig exactly what it i you are suggesting.

Are you saying sub-forums in "S2"?
Are you saying a sub-forum each devoted to a particular game, like Weird Wars, Battletech, ToI, etc?

Can you please spell out a little more what you fella's have in mind.
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning

Chrisd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Chrisd » Sat May 07, 2011 5:48 pm

i think he wants another sub forum.
Let's do this the old navy way, the 1st one to die LOSES!

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Chrisd wrote:i think he wants another sub forum.

:D Yeah, I gathered as much. What I am asking is where ("S2", somewhere in the "War Room", etc.). He covered a lot of prospective ground with catering to, and emphasizing certain games; getting a handle on specific net games to play and focus on, etc. I don't understand the concept of what is being sought and why..... That's all :geek:

Frizzenspark
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Frizzenspark » Sat May 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Whiterook wrote:
Chrisd wrote:i think he wants another sub forum.

:D Yeah, I gathered as much. What I am asking is where ("S2", somewhere in the "War Room", etc.). He covered a lot of prospective ground with catering to, and emphasizing certain games; getting a handle on specific net games to play and focus on, etc. I don't understand the concept of what is being sought and why..... That's all :geek:

Yes, but are you unanimous in that ?!?!? :lol:
"Why piddle about making porridge with artillery and then send men to drown themselves in it for a hundred yards of No Man's land? Tanks mean advances of miles at a time, not yards.".
Maj-Gen Percy Hobart (1885-1957)79th Armoured Division

Whiterook
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Whiterook » Sat May 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Let me ask Tittles :lol:

TRDG
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby TRDG » Sun May 08, 2011 4:41 am

LOL

It would be a third section in The War Room, something like

"Prospective TCG net games in the future"

In it we would have some of the threads I listed above and new ones that gamers and GMs can put up a topic as to a specific game/idea that they want to run or play here at TCG.

S2 is ok but can get lost in the shuffle, so why not dedicate a new sub-forum for specific games we may want to play or run here in the future, maybe.....

Then depending on the responce, or lack of them, the GM or gamer knows what might work or not as to net games here. Kinda like so there are no "game calls" and related threads just sitting there.

So to get a game going here you would

1. Post up a specific game topic in the new sub-forum, be as specific or general as you are trying to gauge any interest for further developement.

As an example, I want to play/run a Fish kissing game, so I post a new thread in the new forum first.

"Fish Kissing game, are ya in??" This game can handle 2-6 players, but prefer 3 for a good net game here. Here is a link/pic/gen info on what the game is about.

If you wanna kiss a Goldfish, or want to know more, post here if you might consider playing a net game of this in our War room."

After that you just hang back and se if you get any replies, WOW I got 4 replies that some of the members here would be interested in playing this, so go to step 2.

IF NO-few replies then this game went as far as could, for now.

2. Post a call to players in the Logistics thread, then once you have your gamers signed up and the general rules nailed down, go to step 3.

3. Post the "in game thread" that you will play/run this net game on in the TCG's Wargames forum.

So at a glance anyone can see what may be going on here in the future, not a big thing right now but I am thinking of the future here as well. But having something like this in place might just be a good thing.

-S2 will be less cluttered

-anyone can see right away what games might be played here in the future in one forum, IF there is interest.

- no "lost" game threads due to lack of players/interest in Logistics, S2 or other forums.

-could draw more new members here as people do google net games/play by post/E-Mail games to play online.

Cheers

Tom :)

Double Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Double Deuce » Sun May 08, 2011 5:25 am

I can see this. If I understand the concept correctly it would essentially become a game recruiting and staging area to get the formalities out of the way before the actual game kicks off?

Return to “Site Suggestions”